Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Huge missfire problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huge missfire problem

Alright so last week i was driving home in some pretty heavy rain, and a mile from my house my car started bogging and missing. I pulled over and kept trying to drive it by putting it in gear and slowly letting the clutch out and it kept happening. I waited about 10 minutes and all of a sudden it started running fine. Next day, started it up and same thing. I thought it was ignition so I replaced the plugs and wires. No luck. I went searching on some forums and some people recommended a cam position sensor. I figured its worth a try. So all afternoon today thats what i was doing, and while I was back there I changed both knock sensors and the MAP sensor. Drove it tonight and the misfires are still there, though not as bad as before. Im stumped. I have no clue what else it could be. Anyone ever have this problem? What else could be?
Old 10-27-2015, 10:58 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it throwing a code?
Old 10-28-2015, 03:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Might be time for a new coil. Get your codes checked to find out which cylinder(s) it is. At least you can go to your local parts store and see if they'll let you spend 10 minutes and throw a coil on there really quick to test it out.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it out.. It was a bad maf. Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Huge missfire problem