Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Gauge in tweeter hole?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 06:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Gauge in tweeter hole?

Anyone have any pics of a gauge installed in the driver door tweeter hole? I'm looking for different areas to put gauges. I don't want to loose AC and I dont want to add gauge pods if I can avoid it.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:59 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Im not sure how a gauge there would be useful to you. (My leg obstructs the thing.)

Have you seen how people have used one or two HVAC vents for this?

Anyway - I'm subscribed to see if anyone has done this and lived to tell the tale.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You do realize mounting a gauge in one of the a/c vents in the center doesn't cost you your AC. ive had my wideband mounted there for a long time and no problems and my car doesn't feel warmer at all. Also ws6store or hawks thirdgen one of them makes a panel that replaces the spare items panel slot under the radio with 2 gauges. Personally I don't like the crowded gauges look and do only what I feel is absolutely needed, but its personal preference.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Yea, I can add one gauge in the middle hole but I don't want to obstruct any other vents if I add another gauge.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What all are you trying to add, unless the car is a full on drag car there isn't much you really need.

If your a gauge guy though then I mentioned the panel that ws6store/hawksthirdgen sells and it will probably suit your needs, it mounts by the cig lighter and will allow up to 2 to be placed, so you can have 1 in the vent and 2 below underneath the radio. They also offer another panel that will go in your center console storage box, will have to flip it up to see but if your cramped on space and hate the a pillar it may be your only option.

Quick Reply: Gauge in tweeter hole?