Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Looking for Wiper blades for my 95 Firehawk

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Wiper blades for my 95 Firehawk

I've been looking around for some new wiper blades and I've heard a lot of good things about silicone wiper blades. I ended up finding some Silblade brand wipers on amazon. Anyone know if they're any good? There aren't too many comments on the product so I was just wondering what yall think, or if I should go with something else. I really like the idea of getting blades that would last for a long time. I do like hybrid style wiper blades, so I could always settle for something that wasn't silicone if I had to.

SilBlade:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Rain-X: https://www.rainx.com/product/expert.../#.WETvgtUrKUk
Old 12-05-2016, 07:14 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawk #0635
I've been looking around for some new wiper blades and I've heard a lot of good things about silicone wiper blades.
You are going to hear some more here. They are amazing. However; I have read that all are not created equal.

Originally Posted by firehawk #0635
I ended up finding some Silblade brand wipers on amazon. Anyone know if they're any good?
I can't speak to these, but I can tell you that the PIAA blades sold by TireRack are amazing. My wife and I both use them on our cars and the first sets lasted us 12 years. (Mine were fine up until 12, but she drives more and started complaining at 10. Given that she's my spouse, I'm not sure if they were really going bad at that point or if the complaining was for spite - but the blades last a really long time.)

The other great thing about the PIAA blades is that they leave silicone residue on the windshield, so you Rain-X treatments aren't as necessary. (It isn't an equivalent swap, but its somewhere in the middle of nothing and a proper Rain-X treatment.) I understand that not all silicone blades will deposit like this, also.

Quick Reply: Looking for Wiper blades for my 95 Firehawk