Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Passenger Side Fog Lamp (not the running lamps)

Old 11-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Side Fog Lamp (not the running lamps)

Just blew on me last night. Called the parts shop I deal with and with their GM Discount it's $125 for the assembly. Said I would have to change the entire assembly rather than just the bulb

So that's one question, is there a way to change the bulb or do I have to change the entire thing? This is on a 99 T/A.

And secondly, if I have to change the assembly, the ones I currently have in there have the firebird emblem in the light. The new one would not have this, and the dealer has no idea about the part. . .so would this be an aftermarket fog light. . .or did they have a 30th annivert deal with the fog lights on the regular T/A's?

And where could I purchase another assembly that has the firebird in the light?

Thanks
Old 11-18-2004, 11:18 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

If it were the stock unit, you don't need to change the entire assembly. The bulb twists out of the back. You can pop the headlamps and reach down in behind to access the bulbs. It sounds as if you've got something else though, so without seeing it I can't say whether or not the bulbs come out.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:30 AM
Launching!

thanks. I'll take a look at that this weekend. Hopefully like you said, I can just twist the bulb out and replace it vs replacing the entire thing, which would require two as I wouldn't want to run mismatched lights hehe

Thanks,
Old 11-18-2004, 11:55 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think you could replace just the bulb, as I've done that to the running lights and fog lamps on mine by accessing the panels underneath the front fascia. But keep in mind I have a Formula, so the location differs. Good luck!
Old 11-18-2004, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

yes, got to wal-mart and get a new 2 pack of fog light bulbs. If your not sure that the ones you get from wal-mart are the same thats in the other light, then change both. If you have skinny arms you can reach down in frot of the windshield washer fluid resivior and and twist em out and replace, another way I like to use is by raising the head light, and removing the plastic bezzel and you can then easily reah in and do what you need to do.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

ive got a 99 T/A and changed the bulb no problem, can't remember the part number though, its not in the book.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Talking Heck Yea

MINE IS GONE TOO.YOU GUYS JUST SAVED ME ALOT O BUCKS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Passenger Side Fog Lamp (not the running lamps)