Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Want exposed headlight conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Want exposed headlight conversion

How do you guys feel about this conversion? Is it possible to spray a tint on the inside to make these look like they are just the regular lights?
Old 10-30-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

what body style? I've only seen em for the 98 and up and they are ok, kinda want some for my 94 but doubt there is a kit, or one that looks half way decent. anyone know?
Old 10-30-2005, 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

I had this idea to do it, and use the stock light covers with some sort-of easy bolt-on/off mechanism so I could remove them at night. I love the look of the Pontiac lights, but hate the poor engineering that went into them to work for many years.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

A buddy of mine had the kit for his TA. It isn't worth the $1000 price tag. He painted the housing around the lights to match his car, it helped a little but still didn't look right to me. They're apparently not exactly the same size as stock lights because he had fitment issues when he got a new hood for his car. They are definitely brighter than stock lights because of the bulbs used. I think they're made by a company called Breathless Performance. If you search, you should find a link to them, because this topic has come up several times. As someone mentioned already though, I've only seen these for the LS1 fbody's, haven't seen them for the LT1 years.