Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Fog lights wont work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 12:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Fog lights wont work?

Alright, its raining today, I turn on the fog lights, and when Im driving behind someone I notice in the reflection of their bumper, only the running lights are on. When I stoped and looked, yep, the fogs arnt working, WTF? (did a search) I doubt both of them burnt out at the same time...
Old 10-31-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Were your high-beam headlights on by chance?
They won't come on the the high-beams, ..., they'll actually toggle off/on when you chance back & forth from high to low. At least mine do, ...
Just a thought, ..., either that or they're burnt out, or there's a short in the wiring somewhere & they're not gettin' any juice, ...

Edit: Oh, you didn't even have the headlights on, just the driving lights? Bummer, ..., somounds like trouble, ...
Old 10-31-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Were your high-beam headlights on by chance?
They won't come on the the high-beams, ..., they'll actually toggle off/on when you chance back & forth from high to low. At least mine do, ...
Just a thought, ..., either that or they're burnt out, or there's a short in the wiring somewhere & they're not gettin' any juice, ...

Edit: Oh, you didn't even have the headlights on, just the driving lights? Bummer, ..., somounds like trouble, ...
Thanks for the reply anyway, Ill check if the brights were on(even though the headlights werent up, it still might matter). When it stops raining ill pop the hood and start investigating.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are your brake lights coming on, if they are it's not the fuse (it goes to both fogs and brakes) might be the bulbs, or something in the switch even.
If the main headlights aren't on then it doesn't matter if the switch in on hi beam or not, the fogs should still come on
Check the easy stuff first, are the bulbs burnt out, then check for power at the bulb connectors, if you don't have power, check the dash switch next, if that's ok, then it's time to start chasing wires
Old 10-31-2005, 06:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

were your running lights bright or kinda dim? This may sound dumb, but do you have the fog light switch on your dash set to on you may have hit it?