Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

omg pls help b4 i completely flip out

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy omg pls help b4 i completely flip out

i dunno wtf s going on, maybe miss thang over heard me talking of selling her and got so scared she peed her thong..

i have a puddle under my car.. i can provide a pic, but not w/o tears...

this is what we *think* is going on. its not oil, deff not, not tranny fluid, wrong color. its orange. i *beleive* there is a leak somewhere between heater core and radiator, on the rare occasion shes driven and my heater is on, after i come home and park her i get a few drops. now thats its winter the last time i drove her was to the barn and it was freezing out (midnightish) and i had that damn heater on full blast and she was running for a very long time. now shes parked and i walked by and happned to see something dark, i bent down and saw the biggest surprise shes ever left me. its been 2 days since i drove her last.

anyone ever encounter this? its not a *BIG* deal right??? (im scared, humor me)
Old 12-14-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Addict

could be as relatively easy/simple as a rotted or punctured hose. look around with it running and warm, preferrably on jackstands, and see if you see anything obvious. you can hope its just a hose or connection, and not the heater core. look inside the passenger footwell area, is it wet with coolant there. the heater core in my 78 TA went, and it was leaking antifreeze inside, pass. foot area. i just cut and bypassed the core, since its never driven in the cold. im fairly certain the core for 4th gens are as hard to get to, behind the dash. there really isnt much you can do if it is the core itself. not much will stop it from leaking, and if you drive, it will only continualy leak out. a hose is of course much faster/cheaper/easier to fix, and can be jury-rigged for a temp. fix if needed.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It is antifreeze. The antifreeze color is orange for these cars. I would go with what Echo said, jack it up and inspect all radiator hose expecially the ones going to the heater core. If you cannot find it then it might be your heater core. Good luck, hope everything works out for you
Old 12-14-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

i know what color it is, i was drinking a beer when my hubby did my radiator flush..... hes thinkin its just a bad hose.. im just scared my cars taking a #2, i get overdramatic with is most the time, shes my baby.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

it's nothing that can't be fixed, whether it's a hose or the heater core. hose is alot easier of course, but the core isn't impossible. I'm sure there are posts and how-tos about doing the core on this site.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You cracked the block!!!!!!

Hah sorry, had to I agree, its probably nothing that is any problem or expensive
Old 12-15-2006, 01:59 AM
TECH Resident

Ya, def nothing that cant be fixed. And nothing serious at all. Ive had that orange **** coming from my car like 3 diff times. One was cracked radiator, one was a hose, then the last one was my water pump blowing up, which then turned into my EWP Def nothing to worry about tho!
Old 12-15-2006, 02:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanx, i feel better with some reasurance