Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

What do you guy's think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guy's think?

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've been here. I sold my 96 Camaro for a 99 Mustang GT. I know, I know, don't hate me, let me explain. I needed a winter car aswell, but I couldn't afford to have two cars, so I traded in the Camaro for a GT and put snows on it. It actualy works very well in the snow. Anyway, to make a long story short, I miss my Camaro dearly, just F-bodies in general. Well, my GT has about 85,000miles on it, but it's in very good shape. There is a dealer with a 95 Pontiac Formula with every possible option, 6 speed, and even t-tops. It's absolutly mint. The whole car is original. It has about 70,000miles on it. I know the Gt is a 99, but I miss my LT1!! I'm thinking about doing an even trade. I haven't driven the car yet, but it's MINT. It's so clean, and it's pretty hard to find a nice LT1. Here's a pic...... http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/detai...9&adid=5641534 Let me know what you think. Should I consider it, or sell the GT, get the money from it and buy something else? Thanks!!

P.S. For the record, I would love an LS1, but I'm in University, so my education is priority right now. The prices in Ontario for LS1 Trans Am's are 15K+, just can't afford that! I can really only afford an LT1. Which is still awsome!
Old 01-14-2007, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

typical hose dragger
Old 01-14-2007, 09:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Your link doesn't take us to the actual car. I went in and saw the red one for $10,995 Canadian. Is that the one? Even in MINT shape that is a lot of money for a '95. Since you are asking I would sell your GT first then bargain with the guy with cash. He would be more likely to come down in price with a cash buyer. Good luck and welcome back, eventually anyway.
Just curious, if that deal doesn't work out for you, is it difficult to buy a car in the US and bring it back to Canada? The prices seem much lower here unless the tax situation would kill you up there.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I haven't looked into it, to be honest. I think selling the GT would be the brighter idea. If I wait till Feb/March, I may be able to get more for it then, then now. Plus, there may be more F-bodies available too. The prices may be higher though! Either way, I dearly miss my F-body. The Mustang is a nice car, but my heart is somewhere else!! Try this..

Last edited by firefighter1; 01-14-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Yes, that's the one I saw. Just a beautiful example. All you can do is try. See what happens. Offer him $9,000 Canadian (about $7700 US) and you could live with that price if it is in MINT condition. That is still on the high side but you can't pick and choose apparently in Canada in that price range. It would be worth it instead of buying a 'dog' and throwing thousands into it. Good luck!

Quick Reply: What do you guy's think?