Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

FireHawk Hood

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FireHawk Hood

Ya I posted a similar thread in the appearance section a while back but I have a slightly different question this time.

I've decided that I REALLY REALLY want a firehawk hood to put on the 99 Formula I'm trying to buy. However, I've learned that this may be impossible. It seems that in order to buy the hood from SLP you have to provide a VIN # PROVING you have a genuine Hawk. And I've also been told you need an entirely new front bumper to go with it. Making the total unpainted and uninstalled price $2000 =(

Just want to know if this is true, and if anyone here has even put a FireHawk hood on a T/A or Formula. Also, PLZ dont tell me to buy a Raptor hood. I dont want to buy one cause I dont really like the way it fits.

(edited so as not to tick ppl off)

Last edited by BanditTransAM; 02-21-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Search "Firehawk hood", ...
No, you don't have to go thru the VIN thing anymore, since you can buy the hood from GM Performance Parts as a replacement. Find a used one, they come up on ebay once in while. (Have you searched there today?!?)
You have to modify the stock front bumper to fit the hood's front line. No need to buy a new one unles you plan on going backwards someday.
Stating that opinion in that manner here with fobdy people who may have this hood, is not going to win any friends, ...
Old 02-21-2007, 12:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont think youll be dissapointed....they flow really well with the lines of the car
Old 02-21-2007, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Search "Firehawk hood", ...
No, you don't have to go thru the VIN thing anymore, since you can buy the hood from GM Performance Parts as a replacement. Find a used one, they come up on ebay once in while. (Have you searched there today?!?)
You have to modify the stock front bumper to fit the hood's front line. No need to buy a new one unles you plan on going backwards someday.
Stating that opinion in that manner here with fobdy people who may have this hood, is not going to win any friends, ...

Thanks a bunch. And yes I did see the one on Ebay. Even tho I'll bet ya apples to oranges that the reserve is $1000. And I edited the post so not to anger ppl. It's just last time I was told to get the Raptor hood and I dont like that hood =(
Old 02-22-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

a lot of times ebay has them damaged for hella cheap. like a broken corner or something. Easy fix and they go for a few hundred sometimes. Also theres a guy that used to have a company called us exotics named roger who makes a replica called a superhawk. And my favorite but its a rare hood, is a superhawk outlaw. Looks like a firehawk hood but its nostrils are a little bigger and it raises to about the same height as a regular ta. Very aggressive. You can get them for 800 directly from him or 650 on ebay usually.