Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Question about WS9 hood... tried search...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Question about WS9 hood... tried search...

I tried a search and after I hit go I got a blank page, maybe down?

Those who have bought the WS9 hood, how was the fit for it? Did it line up without any problems? Where did you buy it from?

I now am to the point that I can choose a hood to put on my TA and was going to do a WS6 hood, than thought about doing the WS6 for the heat extractors up by the windshield, I am thinking of the right one correct?
Old 04-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rawr256
I tried a search and after I hit go I got a blank page, maybe down?

Those who have bought the WS9 hood, how was the fit for it? Did it line up without any problems? Where did you buy it from?

I now am to the point that I can choose a hood to put on my TA and was going to do a WS6 hood, than thought about doing the WS6 for the heat extractors up by the windshield, I am thinking of the right one correct?
Yup, that's the one... it's a WS6 hood with Firehawk style heat extractors. I have a WS9 hood on my car. I'm yet to get it painted but it looks GREAT. I really can't say how the fitment is because my car is still smashed up on the front end from an accident. I put the hood on after the accident, my frame is still bent so it's obviously not lined up perfect... but that's not the hood, it's my car that's mangled. But I'm sure it will fit fine once the car is all fixed and the frame is straightened. I've heard only good things about U.S. Exotics fitment. To back up your decision on the WS9; the craftsmanship is excellent, it looks awesome on the car and is more original looking than the typical WS6 hood and Roger (guy who makes them at U.S. Exotics) is a pleasure to deal with. I highly recommend the WS9 hood.

Here's a pic of my car:
Old 04-03-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could I get a PM with some contact information for them Formula? Website or something to get pricing information? Don't see them on the site as a sponsored vendor.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Here's my U.S.Exotics WS-9. I bought it in January of this year. Took about 3-1/2 weeks to manufacture and ship it to the body shop. As you can see from the pictures, it fits perfectly.

He only works through e-bay at the present time. Do an ebay search for "WS9" and it should pop right up... Roger is great to work with and very honest.

I'll also PM his e-mail addy to you.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

Another vote for Roger and US Exotics. I got a WS9 outlaw hood from my wife for christmas. I happen to live about 1hr away from Roger. He offered to install and fit it for me FREE!!!

Bob s.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Launching!

I want one now. That hood looks so nice on that white TA
Old 04-11-2007, 07:36 AM
On The Tree

Rawr256 ---------

You've got PM...
Old 04-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Teching In

does the ws9 code on the door mean a ws9 hood?? or is that something that isn't factory??
Old 04-14-2007, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ws6andy
does the ws9 code on the door mean a ws9 hood?? or is that something that isn't factory??
No -- WS9 on the trim tag is not WS9 hood.

All 98-02 V8 equiped Firebirds have code WS9, regardless of whether it's a Formula, TransAm or WS6.

Formula = WS9
TransAm = WS9 + WS4
RamAir TA = WS9 + WS6

WS9 hoods are made by U.S. Exotics and VFN.