I've been watching Simpsons lately and I finally paid attention to the episode where Homer buys Snakes car. Well I noticed that it is a 67/68 convertible bird with a blower. We all know the TA was on Smokey and the Bandit but what other TV shows and Movies have the Infamous bird in it?
__________________ 1999 Formula NBM M6 w/K&N FIPK, Hurst Billet Shifter, Jet Programable Chip and Flowmaster Catback...More to COME!
* Two Firebirds appear in The Driver (1978): a gold '77 or '78 model that Ryan O'Neal uses for a bank getaway job, and a flame-decalled white '74 or '75 Trans Am driven by the bad guys in the final climactic chase sequence.
* In the movie Donnie Darko, Frank drives a second-generation Trans Am.
* In the James Garner TV series The Rockford Files Garner's character drove a gold Firebird Esprit, updated each year of the series.
* The Ponch character on 1970s television series CHiPs drove a gold 1973 Firebird while off-duty, which had a mix of Trans Am (hood and side heat extractors) and Formula (hood air intakes) features.
* Three black Firebird Trans Ams featured in the Smokey and the Bandit movies, each of the model year in which the film was made (1977, 1980 & 1983).
* Knight Rider featured a modified 1982 Trans Am to portray KITT (and its "evil twin," KARR). Over the course of the show's run, the cars were subtly updated with 1983 and 1984 models. A 1979 Firebird and a baby blue 1982 model briefly appeared in one episode.
* In the movie Alphabet City, Vincent Spano's character drives a 1983 CFI Automatic Daytona 500 Trans Am.
* In the movie McQ, John Wayne's character drives a Brewster Green 1973 Trans Am 455.
* In the movie Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, Jeff Bridges's character steals a white 1973 Trans Am.
* In the road race film Cannonball (not Cannonball Run), David Carradine drives a 1970-72 Buccaneer Red Trans Am.
* Roy Scheider drove a black 1979 Trans Am in Blue Thunder. Steve McQueen rented an all black 1979 in The Hunter. And Sylvester Stallone in Rocky II also drove a black 1979 Trans Am.
* A Firebird Turbo Trans Am police car was seen in the movie Cannonball Run chasing a Lamborghini Countach.
* In The Simpsons Apu owns a red late-'70s Bandit-style Trans Am that you see in a few episodes. Snake, who has a habit of robbing Apu's Kwik-E-Mart, drives a 1968 Firebird that Homer purchases in a police auction in the episode Reality Bites. Coincidentally, Apu also drives a Firebird Trans-Am, a 2nd generation model with the "screaming eagle" on the hood.
* In An Innocent Man, Tom Selleck's character drives a black 1979-81 Firebird.
* A Trans Am was seen in the movie Corvette Summer starring Mark Hamill.
* In American Beauty, Kevin Spacey's character trades his Toyota Camry for a red 1970 Firebird Formula.
* In the movie Teen Wolf Too, Jason Bateman's character Todd Howard almost gets run over by a 3rd gen Trans Am.
* In the movie The Last Ride, a grey 2002 convertible model was featured.
* Daryl Hannah's character Elle Driver drives one in the movie Kill Bill 2. When filming ended, she bought the car which she rarely drives.
* The freeway chase scene in The Matrix Reloaded featured a first-generation coupe.
* Mark Wahlberg's character Melvin Smiley drives a yellow third-generation Formula in the movie The Big Hit.
* In Blur's music video "Parklife", a couple can be seen posing outside their house beside their white 1978 Trans Am with a "couple" decal at their sun visor area of their windscreen.
* Ryan Dunn drives a black 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am in his show Homewrecker.
* Will Ferrell's character Frank "The Tank" Ricard is seen working on a red 1978 Trans Am and wearing a Firebird T-shirt in the movie Old School.
* A second-generation Firebird hits a character in the 2:00 AM episode of the first season of 24, and a blue second-generation coupe can be seen in a garage in the 2:00 PM episode.
* At least three different Firebirds can be seen throughout the three seasons of the TV series Roswell; a red second-generation Trans Am, a purple fourth-generation Trans Am, and a white fourth-generation coupe.
* Niobe drives a Firebird in the 2003 video game Enter the Matrix (the car is usable in the game as either her or Ghost).
* Daniel Desario drives a red 1970s Pontiac Firebird in several episodes of Freaks and Geeks.
* In the movie Dazed and Confused, Clint drives a 1974 model SD-455 Trans Ams.
* In the TV series The Transformers, Windcharger transforms into a Trans Am. However, in the cartoon, the character does not resemble the popular American car. On the other hand, his near-duplicate Tailgate resembles a third-generation Firebird with symmetrical Trans Am hood. Also Decepticon named Runamuck transforms into a white Trans Am.
* Adam Sandler's character Billy Madison drove a black Trans Am to high school in the movie Billy Madison.
* Villainous thugs used a red Trans-Am to get away from the airport parking garage in Big Trouble in Little China starring Kurt Russell.
* Dwight Schrute in NBC's The Office drives a 1987 Firebird GTA.
* In the book Key to the Golden Firebird by Maureen Johnson, a golden Firebird is a central part of the story.
* In Shaker Run (1985), stars Cliff Robertson and Lisa Harrow drive a pink-and-black, right-hand-drive, third-generation Trans Am.
* Samir drives a third-generation Firebird in the opening sequence of Office Space.
* In the Nelson DeMille book The Charm School, minor character Gregory Fisher drives a Metallic Blue Trans Am (given the publication year it can be assumed to be a Third Generation) through Russia while on vacation. The Trans Am makes another appearance towards the end of the book as well.
* In the 1978 movie Hooper, Burt Reynolds drives a red and black Trans Am
* In the 1974 movie Gone in 60 Seconds, H.B. Halicki's personal black Trans Am was in the background.
* During the final chase sequence of The Italian Job (2003 film), Mark Wahlberg (Charlie) jumps over a third-generation coupe in a Mini.
* In the Degrassi High movie, School's Out, Joey Jeremiah is seen driving a 1980 Pontiac Firebird as his car.
* In the music video for his 2001 hit Ride Wit Me, rapper Nelly drives a Trans Am as the video pays homage to Smokey and the Bandit.
* In the Fox tv series Drive the character Rob Laird drives a 1979 Trans Am.
* In the 2001 movie Joe Dirt, Kid Rock's character Robby drives a late 2nd-Gen (1979?) silver Trans Am (not a slant six).
* In Spike TVs reality tv series "Bullrun", the red 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 is featured in the races,. which later wins.
* American Pie - Wedding(aka American pie 3) Steve Stiffer drives a black late 70s 2nd-gen
* In the 2000 movie Gone in Sixty Seconds, Giovanni Ribisi's character Kip drives a red/maroon 3rd gen Formula (tear-drop hood, but no sport spoiler).
I watched Bull Run and was quite happy the Dad and Daughter driving the Firebird won. When it was just 3 people left, I sadly didn't think they'd make it either. They had trans problems on the highway, but dad managed to fix it. Blew a line :S