Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

How much is this really worth

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much is this really worth

There is a dealer around my area that has my dream car sitting on the lot. Its a 1994 Trans Am WS6. I have looked up the price on KBB and the highest price for this vehicle was 7k.
The dealer is asking WAY to much for it.

Here is the link: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...el=&cardist=27

Would somebody help me out?

Thanks.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dude skip this kids tinker toy. He is probably adding up every maintenence bill and tacked on vinyl decal and adding a little to the top for his profit. There weren't any ws6s offered that year later in the 96-97 were ws6s available he just put on a badge and hood and called it a day. I payed 8500 for a 58000 mile 99 LS1 formula with most options almost 2 years ago. I consider myself no expert but seeing ads like these depress me as an fbody owner to see kids slap together a car and use lingo for attempted profit. If the motor was not dead I might see if 4-6000 was a reasonable price. Mods don't help a vehicles value and unless they are very tasteful they will hurt a cars value. Walk away from this one and use it as a learrning tool about what not to buy and then after being in the game for a while will you get a kick out of misinformation like that autotrader ad. LT1s are hard sale and when I was in high school kids had third gens to beat on me being one of them and now it seems that the LT1 is that new car to be beat on as a highschooler.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:53 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I would definitely stay away from cars that have 'mods of any kind. Few F-bods are bone stock, however the less 'mods the better if you're looking to buy. I waited until I found my T/A which has no 'mods other than an MTI lid. $14K for a '94? Not even if it was showroom fresh. For that kind of money you could get an LS-1 F car. And believe me, after driving an LS1 car your idea of a dream car will be redefined...
Old 07-07-2007, 06:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Apparently there are no WS6 models in 4th Gen till 96. I previously though mine was (since WS6 has long since been a performance SUSPENSION package, which my 91 had), but it was W66. The RPO sheet was rubbed off mostly over the middle 6.

Anyways, the 95% chance it's a fake WS6 aside, it's too riced out. WTF is with that interior?! And for $14K it better have 500hp to the wheels, full race suspension, and 5K miles on the whole car.

Your dream car is worth NO more than $6,500 (and I don't mean that POS you linked to, I mean a NICE Firebird). I got mine with 93K and almost every option for $3800. Given mine could use a SMALL bit of cosmetic TLC, I'm happy. Oh and if you buy off eBay, GO LOOK AT IT! Mine only had "one thing wrong with it". Uh no lol So far from the truth. All small things, but lots of small things.Hell, the back seat wasn't even bolted in lol

EDIT: I emailed the tool, saying how out to lunch he is, and to provide a pic of the RPO sheet to prove it's a real WS6.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Another HUGE NO vote. Look around outside your area and you will find your real dream car, not an overpriced poor example of an F-body. Don't be afraid to travel. You might spend a night in a motel, and have gas and food expenses, but you are talking about spending thousands of dollars for a car which I hope you would keep for a few years. Don't limit yourself. Good luck!
Old 07-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all of the posts guys. Im just having a hard time selling my truck and all i want is an F-body. The only way i think i am going to be able to get one is if i sell my truck to a dealer and then make payments on an F-body. Looks like i will be continuing my search.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Checking my email.... and... haha
Here's his reply

your a smart one ...you cant touch a corvette motor with just 69k for 6000......let alone the cars quality!! and yes....it is a ws6 package....its real
and mine

1) Yes, I am smart, thanks for noticing, even if you WERE being sarcastic
2) A LT1 is an LT1. Doesn't matter if it was in a Vette or a F-Body. The only difference is that the Vettes have 4 Bolt mains. The power output is the EXACT SAME. The Vettes just had the LT1 rated at their ACTUAL power output, where as the F-Bodies were rated lower to make the Vette owners feel better
3) My 93 A4 F-Body with only a chip, CAI and SLP muffler smokes my friends 94 Vette with 53K and an M6. My cost? $3800. His cost? $13000.
4) The "quality" of that car, is ****. It's all 'riced' out and ugly looking. Just look at that paint job and retarded floor mats. I'd hate to know what else is crapped up on it
5) Until you PROVE it's a real WS6 but taking pictures of the RPO sheet in the glove box, it's not a real WS6. A hood and a badge does not make a WS6. If that was the case, all those Hondas and Nissans would be Spoon or GT-R cars.

Your logic is severely flawed, and yet that makes perfect sense, since you're a dealer. Dealers never are the brightest bulb on the tree, they're just fair con artists. $14K is an absolute joke since I could make my own car faster by leaps and bounds, AND look better, and still only come in at a total car cost of $7K (that includes the $3800 I paid for my car). Do yourself a favor, remove that listing, lower the cost, and save further ridicule.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

In all fairness, that car may very well have an WS6 RPO code (I'm pretty sure that suspension/brake(?) upgrade RPO was available even in '94....... but I'm not positive on that...... seems I've seen another '94 T/A w/ WS6 RPO somewhere). However, even IF it was a "legit" WS6 RPO'd car, NO WAY did it come from the factory w/ the badge, hood or "ram air" filter setup, that part of the WS6 package wasn't produced until '96. The car is still riced-out and bastardized way too much to be worth that kind of $$. KEEP LOOKING!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

He replied to that email like a sucker "thanks for your interest...... have a nice life" lol

Which leads me to believe that he either A) Found out it really isn't a WS6 or B) Doesn't know as much as he thought and didn't want to get "schooled" anymore lol

Johnny, from what I've been told by many, 93-95 there was no WS6 at all.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

omg that pink accenting is hideous.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Default No WS6

Again, looking at the Standard Catalog of Firebird by Gunnell, there is no mention of any WS6 option of any kind in 1994. The Trans Am GT was a real car that year. Maybe some confusion there.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:03 AM
TECH Regular

Overpriced junk
Old 07-16-2007, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Again, looking at the Standard Catalog of Firebird by Gunnell, there is no mention of any WS6 option of any kind in 1994. The Trans Am GT was a real car that year. Maybe some confusion there.
Yep, that's probably it. CRS syndrome is a b!tch.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FatalV-8
There is a dealer around my area that has my dream car sitting on the lot. Its a 1994 Trans Am WS6. I have looked up the price on KBB and the highest price for this vehicle was 7k.
The dealer is asking WAY to much for it.

Here is the link: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...el=&cardist=27

Would somebody help me out?

Thanks.
14,xxx thats insane bro. not a good way to go in my opinion
Old 07-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Banned

no freakin way

Quick Reply: How much is this really worth