Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Radio Interchangability?

Old 08-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Interchangability?

This is my first post even though I have been monitering posts for awhile. My daughter has a 2001 formula and the LCD readout is screwing up even though the unit works good. I have been looking on ebay and I have found camaro radios that claim they will work in our pontiacs but it doesnt look like the camaro radio has the graphic equalizer. They are all the monsoon units. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wnmech
This is my first post even though I have been monitering posts for awhile. My daughter has a 2001 formula and the LCD readout is screwing up even though the unit works good. I have been looking on ebay and I have found camaro radios that claim they will work in our pontiacs but it doesnt look like the camaro radio has the graphic equalizer. They are all the monsoon units. Thanks for the help.

check the radios section, but they arent the same. Pontiacs have different faceplates, the internals may be the same not sure, but not the face

here ya go
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics-19/
Old 08-07-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

They Will Interchang They May Look Goofy But The Will Work In Each Others Place I Just Put A Bird Interior In A Camaro Looks Better That Way. My Cuz Has A Wrecked T/a Parts Car For His Old Lt1 Z28.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup people said it wouldnt work but i put my 01 trans am monsoon radio in my girlfriends 95 camaro bose system and the radio sounds 10x better and it was a straight plugin

Search this Thread