Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Whats My 1st Gen Worth?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Whats My 1st Gen Worth?

Guys I have a 1969 Pontiac FIrebird Convertible. Im about to move out and I am gonna need a new car and I just cant bring myself to drive an economy car so Im sellin the Firebird so I can by a newer F-body and not have a car payment so I can afford an apartment.

The car is a 1969 Pontiac Firebird Convertible.
-White
-TH350
-350 H.O 4 Barrel Pontiac Intermidiate Block (325 HP 380ft-lbs)

Window Sticker Says
"F70X14 Redline
344 Firebird 350 HO *Consists
Of 4BBL V8 HO ENG-DUAL
Exhausts 3 SPD MAN COL SHIFT
HEAVY DUTY BATTERY UNLESS
OTHER OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
SPECIFIED
TURBO HYDRAMATIC TRANMISSION
RADIO PUSH BUTTON
WHEEL DISC-DELUXE
STEERING WHEEL-CUSTOM SPORT
CONSOLE
ELECTRIC CLOCK
POWER STEERING-VARIABLE RATIO
GLASS-SOFTRAY-ALL WINDOWS
POWER TOP CONVERTIBLE
AIR CONDITIONING
SPRINGS & SHOCKS-RIDE & HANDLING"

Car sold for $4395.95

I have all paperwork on the car including original window sticker, Vehicle warranty and owner protection plan pamphlet, a 1969 firbird brochure including specs on all different trim levels, a clear title, Protect-o-plate, 1969 owners manual, original envelope keys came in, original ignition hanger tellin the the buyer how to work a GM ignition, and a receipt from A&B muffler shop from 7-6-84 in which2 mufflers and tailpipes where put which have a lifetime warranty.

The car has ~43K miles on it and is all original and needs to be restored. We bought it from the original owner. The paint is original and needs to be redone. Parts arent bad but the trunk has crackin and a there are a few dents, only 1 or 2 harsh ones though, the chrome bumper and a headlight bezel.

The only thing we have done to the car is new points, and we did all the brakes but the driver front doesnt work we figured it was a clogged brake line. The car is currently sitting on 14 inch rocket racing wheels, never seen another full set in all the wap meets and car shows Ive attended.

The car hasnt been worked on lately but is started weekly. We did drive it but then we found out the transmission is leaking and I bought a new gasket and filter for it but have yet to install it. Car seemed to run good for a 38 year old car. The motor has been pulled before and was painted chevy orange but I checked serial numbers and it is the correct motor. ALl the parts are there except the A/C parts which are in the trunk. There doesnt seem to be much rust at all. And all the electrical parts seem to work outside the clock. The Convertible topped worked the first time I tried it and I did nothing to it. Here are some pics.

So what do yall think its worth?

Last edited by TAEnvy; 08-24-2007 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry guy after looking over bill of sale I realized something odometer reads 43K miles actual mileage is unknown.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

That's a tough question you are asking because of the potential cost of the restoration. People will be looking to pick it up as cheap as possible because of the HUGE bucks that need to go into it. Being a convertible and having so much nice paperwork is a big PLUS for you but still what can you get? I'm not sure if the Firebird verts are pulling 6 figures in #1 restored condition at the major auction houses yet unless they are really rare or documented low miles. Maybe someone would give you $20,000-$25,000 and then sink $40,000 - $50,000 into it to be a show car. You certainly need that certain buyer to lay out that kind of money though. Check the major auction houses for prior sales and see what they are getting for unrestored #3 or #4 cars such as yours. Nothing like the real market place to get your answers. On a personal note (just as an example) a family member just bought a '66 GTO (a true #4 car) for about $5,000 and will sink a minimum $30,000 into it just to make it 'presentable'. Good luck!

Last edited by NC01TA; 08-09-2007 at 05:49 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well most of the major auction houses arent a real world illutration of what cars are worth