Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Car repaint question

Old 09-02-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car repaint question

Well heres the deal
i just picked up a 94 firebird formula and its in bad need of paint
its red right now... but i do not want to paint it back to red again due to the fact that A.) my roommates car is the exact same as mine... 94 firebird formula and red.. and B.) i want something that stands out from everybody elses car, but still want it to look sharp, but not ricey
what color should i paint it? and also, if you have any pics of cars of this color... please post
thanks
Old 09-03-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Black the best color and i will put pic soon
Old 09-03-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by squeals99
Well heres the deal
i just picked up a 94 firebird formula and its in bad need of paint
its red right now... but i do not want to paint it back to red again due to the fact that A.) my roommates car is the exact same as mine... 94 firebird formula and red.. and B.) i want something that stands out from everybody elses car, but still want it to look sharp, but not ricey
what color should i paint it? and also, if you have any pics of cars of this color... please post
thanks

Old 09-03-2007, 05:19 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The only thing that really sucks about changing the color of a car is that you have to do a better job in your prep so that you can't see the old color once it's painted. Otherwise, every time you open the door, or the hatch, it's going to be real obvious that the car was originally a different color.

That being said, I would change the color to one that is not going to be as noticable that the color was changed...

How about the GTO color... Spice Red Metallic.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

I agree with the above post. Covering up the old color is not that easy unless you really know what you are doing or have a professional do it right. I can't see putting a huge $$$ paint job on a '94 so re-think the red. Yours will look better than your friend's once it is done.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well my cousin paints cars... he works for a body shop and went to school for it so i'd hope he knows what hes doin... but ya i never took that into consideration... but as long as the prep work is done right... mostly sanding and primer... and i know he will do a good job and take his time, would you consider changing the color still? because the main thing i want is to be different than all the other firebirds you see on the road.... and i was wanting to see what either a dark charcoal grey or a dark blue would look like on this... i also plan on getting a ws6 hood and changing the front clip to trans am clip cuz my nose is cracking already.... you can tell that this car has sat outside uncovered all its life

Search this Thread