Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Changing the Headlight Switch???

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing the Headlight Switch???

Can anyone walk me throught changing the Headlight switch for my 01 T/A.

My problem:
My front headlights will not pop up or turn on at all, the fog lights work, but not the headlights.

My theory and solution:
I dont think there is not wrong with the headlight motor, but with common sence I determined that my problem was probably my switch.

My second problem;
I dont know how to fix it and I would rather do it my self. The switch I am talking about is the lights switch that turns on the fog lights and the head lights. There is not wrong with the light switch **** but with the switch itself behind the ****. Can some one help me out here, I dont wanna get a ticket for not having my headlights on.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so when you turn the headlight switch on...the fogs still come on...correct?...then why would you think its the switch?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aaron653
so when you turn the headlight switch on...the fogs still come on...correct?...then why would you think its the switch?
Because the fogs use a different switch.

To remove the actual headlight switch you need to remove the **** by pulling it straight out. Then remove the gauge bezel. It also pulls straight out and is held in with about 8 clips. Then the headlight switch will just pull straight out. It snaps in as well. If you need a new switch, I think I have one that I can sell you.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Teching In

thanks
Old 09-05-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

check the headlight module first
Old 10-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Teching In

My stupid headlight switch went out again, so is there a chance it could be something else? Like before, my fog lights turn on, but my headlights wont pop up and work., someone please point me in the right direction.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nhra-trans-am
Because the fogs use a different switch.

To remove the actual headlight switch you need to remove the **** by pulling it straight out. Then remove the gauge bezel. It also pulls straight out and is held in with about 8 clips. Then the headlight switch will just pull straight out. It snaps in as well. If you need a new switch, I think I have one that I can sell you.
same issue for me... I have an 02 WS6..The headlights are on but will not flip up....if I leave the switch on for about 2minutes...they eventually flip up. I just bought a new headlight switch. I don't want to break anything because this is my daily driver. So I can just pull the **** right off?
Old 08-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1sbyrd
same issue for me... I have an 02 WS6..The headlights are on but will not flip up....if I leave the switch on for about 2minutes...they eventually flip up. I just bought a new headlight switch. I don't want to break anything because this is my daily driver. So I can just pull the **** right off?
The headlight switch itself is all one piece (note I am talking about the dial that you turn to make the lights pop up) once you take out the knee piece below the column and then pop off the plastic piece that surrounds the speedometer, the switch pops out. I have an extra switch that I have tested and know works. If anyone wants it, PM me.
Old 06-08-2023, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Is there a tab or any sort of locking mechanism holding the plug in the headlight switch?
Old 06-12-2023, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by copperhead110
Is there a tab or any sort of locking mechanism holding the plug in the headlight switch?
Not 100% positive on this, but I'd be mighty surprised if there wasn't.

Quick Reply: Changing the Headlight Switch???