Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Have to sell my Vette have an offer of a WS6

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 06:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have to sell my Vette have an offer of a WS6

Due to a change in my circumstances I have to sell my 97 Vette, It's a good clean low mileage car and I someone coming to look today with cash if he shows!

I've had what I think is a good offer for it from a guy I sold some F/body bits and a Nitrous kit too when I bought my Vette in Jan 07.

He is offering me a 99 Tran Am WS6 black M6 40k miles and £5,000 ($9,500) My Vette is worth around £13,999 ($26,600)

Bear in mind I am in the UK so Vette prices are a lot higher here! And WS6 prices are about 2/3rds of what a Vette is worth so it would be around £8,500 to £9,000 ($16,150 - $17,100)

From what I can see on Ebay.com in the USA these two cars are very similar in Value but in the UK Vettes hold their prices really well.

WS6 is a rare car in the UK and I think it's a good deal.

I am not massively Keen because I prefer A4 and it's M6, but hell it's faster and has 3.42's engine is stock the exhaust has been changed to a twin outlet flowmaster.

Any thought would be a priciated
Old 09-22-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Ws6

In all of my travels through Europe and the UK in the last 3 1/2 years, I never seen a WS6 rolling around. Seen a few Vettes, Maros and Muskrats.

99 does'nt have the LS6 intake. However you could change the exhaust and all of the free mods, it'd still be a go getter.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by davidws6
In all of my travels through Europe and the UK in the last 3 1/2 years, I never seen a WS6 rolling around. Seen a few Vettes, Maros and Muskrats.

99 does'nt have the LS6 intake. However you could change the exhaust and all of the free mods, it'd still be a go getter.
C5 Vettes are rare in the UK WS6 TAs are even more so and with an M6 makes it more sort after. Uk buyers are scared sh1tless of big V8's so I am selling to a very limited market of haredcore American car enthusiasts. Insurance costs prices young drivers out of exotic stuff like this also and it's also a rareity for a Vette to be a DD here.

One good thing is it has the LS1 which is relitively an unknown quantity in the UK and when I go drag racing with my previous 99 Z28 or my Vette the beat all but the most highly tuned classis American cars here.

I will let you konw how this pans out.

Cheers Andy
Old 09-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Well I missed out on the low mileage 99 WS6 TA M6 a cash buyer came in and took it dam!

He does have another TA WS6 M6 and this has a Procharger Disc kit from EPP and stage 3 clutch uprated brake discs and pads and uprated suspension, Pillar gauges, air/fuel gauge and fuel pressure gauge. Borla exhaust and electric cutout. Uprated fuel pump.

Rear end is noisey drones apparently but I sold him an almost new set of 3.73's and a bearing kit which is included. Only trouble is it's done 140,000 miles!

He wants way to much money for it it needs the front nose cone of the car repainting as the paint is not perfect. it drives fine according to the owner and the high mileage was done in the first two years of it's life when it was driven by rep in Taxes before it came to the UK.

This is his procharger kit:

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=539

It sounds like it has most of the right parts except maybe headers
I'm trying to get him down in price a bit to below what the low mileage car was going for if I can!

That mileage is a killer for resale values despite all the go faster stuff it has. I go drag racing about 4 times a year with my Brother and a load of mates so an SC LS1 car is gonna be good fun a the drag strip!

Any thoughts you guys have would be appriciated.

Cheers Andy

Quick Reply: Have to sell my Vette have an offer of a WS6