Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Odd pic request

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Odd pic request

Can someone take pics of their center console up to under the dash on both sides of their 6 speed TA? Preferrably 97 or under, not entirely sure how different the 98's and up are. Fixing up my interior, some of the previous owners did some poor removing of parts and broke a lot of small stuff and I think some stuff is even missing. I'll post up pics myself of the areas I need pics of if there's any question. Going to hit a salvage in a day or so to get pieces, but I'd like to see what I am missing and what it SHOULD look like.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '96 Formula with a 6 speed, but I think it's the same as the TA on the inside. Give me a little more specifics about what you want photographed and I'll gladly email you whatever you need. Digital photos are cheep.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm looking towards the front of the center console, where it meets up with the dash, from both the passenger side and drivers side. I think I'm missing something down here I'll get some pics of mine tonight and give ya the idea...
Old 11-16-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here are the pics, it looks like the center console attaches to something, but I don't know what. 1st picture in the circled red, anyone have any idea what this wire is? The end of it is just chopped off, and I haven't had the chance to chase the wire yet, and won't for another week or 2.

Pardon the dust, still cleaning it up. Long way to go but it's come quite a ways so far
Old 11-16-2007, 08:03 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

The green wire could be the remnants of a line lock switch or a nitrous button.

The tabs on the front of your console could have been anchored to a bracket that is no longer there, or to HVAC ducting that has been removed.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm all the HVAC works, have to just chase that green wire I suppose. The center console is junk anyways, it has some cracks and wiggles around, probably cause it's not anchored to anything. Curious to see what everyone elses looks like so I can make up a solution or somethin... If you couldn't tell, theres other things missing, ala part of the steering wheel console, and the wipers don't work and left turn signal won't auto cancel. Bought this car as a tinker project/learner and I'm certainly going to get all of that in before I get it all right...
Old 11-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Sorry I didn't get these earlier, but here ya go:

Driver's side:

Passenger side:

It looks to me as though you don't have the original console. Mine is a '96 Formula and not a TA, but I don't think the interior is different. Of course there could have been changes depending on the year. Anyway, I wish you well in your project and I hope this helps.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't see anywhere where those tabs could hookup. I think you may be right. Thanks for the pics
Old 11-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Im not sure either. If worste comes to worste, go see a dealer.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Teching In

this is what mine looks like its a 2000 model.