Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Buyer (and Seller) Beware....

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Buyer (and Seller) Beware....

I bought an LS6 intake on Ebay for $300 (buy it now price). Before i sealed the deal, I talked to the guy over the phone. He emailed me a couple of pics of an area near the throttle body that was shaved "an 1/8 inch". We couldn't figure out why, and he assured me my money refunded if it turned out bad.

Well, as I was under the hood last night, installing by brand new SLP lid (THANKS EXTREME POWERSPORTS!!!) I realized the problem:

The throttle cable bracket was missing on the LS6.

Thas why it was shaved down. Why this was so, I have no clue.

Either way, I immediately got on the phone with Mr. Seller and informed him of my situation. I very calmly, respectfully, and tactfully informed him that as soon as the intake arrived, I would send it back to him for my refund (as previous agreed.

In this transaction, however, he explains that I will absorb the cost of the shipping both ways (fair enough), and also the $9 deducted from his using paypal. I went from $315.00 to $291.00 b/c he was selling a worthless part.

Now, I am not one to sqaubble about petty things ($9 is not that big of a deal). However, Mr. Seller quickly jumped to mention how he was being so nice as to return my funds as he could easily have refused; sold "as is". I maintain my composure.

But I write as I have learned an easy (and relatively cheap) lesson: Make sure you scrutinize your online purchases AND YOUR SALES. Sure this is common sense. But DO NOT DEAL DIRTY.

It was very possible that this gentlemen failed to remember me mention my being a Marine (very determined bunch, check out history sometime). And it was very possible that his residence was already identified and a leave of absence already approved.... Before I spoke with the fella.

Please, don't deal dirty. Take a look at the sponsors, they have some outstanding deals. It feels like Christmas already.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, be happy he is at least refunding the purchace price. He is right by saying he really didn't have to, and paying the shipping and paypal is very fair. Buying new parts online works the same, and sometimes they charge a 15 to 20% restocking fee. He sounds like a very fair seller here.

The throttle bracket was probably removed because it might have been on a Vette with the electronic throttle control. So he really isn't selling a useless part, just one that will work with the Vette throttle.

BTW: I would not push that Marine "kick your ***" around too much. It gives you that stupid jarhead appearance. (I can say this being a 22 year retired military member, and no punking intended).

Instead of an LS6 intake, why not go for the LSX? I don't know what your mod plans are, but the LSX is a great manifold.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:48 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

This isn't the ebay feedback forum...

Quick Reply: Buyer (and Seller) Beware....