Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Problem with locking / central locking / keyfob?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with locking / central locking / keyfob?

Hi, I've had a couple of weird things happen with my V6 95 Firebird (Automatic).

I dropped a friend off the other day, the central locking wouldn't do anything, neither would the trunk button. And I couldn't turn the engine over. Lights on my dash were working, door lights were working, dash was lit up just wouldn't turn.

Then all of a sudden it started fine, this problem has since gone, it only happened once. For the record it was a pretty cold night.

My current issue is that when I remove my key from my ignition the door catches close and open again, at least they click like i've pushed a button on my keyfob.

I also can't use my keyfob to open the doors, well.. I can sometimes, but most of the time it doesn't work, I'm sure this is linked to me removing my key from ignition and having the locks go click click for some reason.

I think I've also noticed that when I can step out and lock my doors (when it does work) it clicks twice, instead of once, and locks.

This is weird because it only used to click the once when locking. And after they're locked, the unlock doors button on my key fob doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I haven't tried to replace the battery in my key fob yet I might do this tomorrow.

Thanks in advance,
Mark.