Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Exhaust Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Suggestions

Hi everyone. I am trying to figure out what to do as far as an exhaust for my '98 Trans Am. I just purchased some Pacesetter LT's and an ORY from Texas Speed and am trying to figure out what to do from the y-pipe back. No converters on this car at all. Right now, after having my engine redone, my car is LOUD LOUD LOUD. Unfortunately with that loudness has come lots of attention from local police who are having a field day pulling me over for loud exhaust. Can you guys give me suggestions on what to do to keep it somewhat quiet, but not restrict the car at all? Thank you
Old 04-18-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

there are PLENTY of threads regarding this issue. many people go with cut-outs. other people go with something like magnaflow. i've heard a magnaflow on a LT/ORY car and it's quiet at idle and during city driving, but pretty loud at WOT. the adjustable borla can be tuned for either lots of noise or pretty quiet. and what I would do PERSONALLY, would be to buy an SLP LM resonator-type setup and use a bullet muffler. those tend to have a great sound both at idle and WOT.

EDIT: try ls1sounds.com to help you decide.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Magnaflow on mine. Like sdm1234 wrote, it has a quiet idle and is tame during normal driving with a low agressive rumble. It sounds mean a WOT.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hooker flows well and is pretty quiet.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Suggestions