Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Electric water pump wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Electric water pump wiring

I'm installing a Maziere electric water pump. If I look at the pic at the link shown below it says to solder the hot wire from the pump relay to the #30 pink wire as shown in the pic. My question is, shouldn't that wire be hot when the ignition is in the on position? I put a meter on it and turned it on and it's dead. The pink wire to the left is hot though. Does the wire in the picture only become hot when the engine is running? These wires are the ones running into the ignition relay. The other relay that is hot is the starter relay.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com.../photo_26.html
Old 05-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK I think I found the problem. In the beginning I pulled the relay and put the probe in the socket and the other to ground, then I turned the key on and it was dead. Stupido me when the key is on the relay serves it's purpose.

So after moments of very deeeep thought and a few seconds of meditation I put the relay back in and probed the lead to the relay with the ignition on and wallah. The relay makes that wire hot when the ignition is on. Problem solved.

Quick Reply: Electric water pump wiring