Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Bird values?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bird values?

I'm looking at a TA for sale. Its 1k over NADA value and 3k over KBB. It has low miles but has one minor body blemish. What should I do.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

on some things you cant go by nada or kbb... low miles and in good shape means its possibly worth the money.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

True NADA is all the bank will loan you. With body damage that gives some negotiating room. I was swaying towards an SS now I think I may like the TA styling better.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The WS6s have really held their value over the last 5 years but are still not hard to find with low miles...yet. The WS6s seem to command a little more than the SSs cars as well...and I suspect that will really be the case when the new Camaro comes out but no new TA. However, I wouldnt pay a cent over NADA unless it was a rare color and/or absolutly prestine. Also 6spd cars a more desirable. In your case though, if it had a "body blemish" I would go the exact opposite...at least $1k UNDER NADA. Probably more, because once its repaired (painted) it will loose a lot of its desirablity to most people that would be willing to pay a premium for it.

I just bought a VERY VERY nice silver TA (non-WS6) for my wife to daily drive and I got it for $4500 under NADA! And it is in near perfect shape with decent miles, great paint and body and near perfect interior. All it needed was tires (had WS6 rims already) and a power antenna. Now mind you I had to drive 9 hours to pick it up and the seller was in a tight, but it does show deals are out there to be had.

On the other side of that I would not take $10K over NADA for my SOM WS6. Its a prestine 6spd car with ultra low miles in (IMO) the most desirable color. One day it will be a very collectible car...and I plan to still own it then.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

Default A little more info

Need more information before an honest opinion. Actual mileage? Showroom condition other than the one flaw??? Does it need tires right off the bat at $600+ minimum?? If the car needs nothing and has really LOW miles that extra money you are talking about is well worth it.

Quick Reply: Bird values?