Go Back   LS1TECH > VEHICLE SPECIFIC FORUMS > Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002
Search

Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

How can I find out more...

Old 08-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1
Default How can I find out more...

Looking for a bit more info on this car.

http://www.lonestarthunder.com/m_vin...&Submit=Decode
texasglock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
TECH Fanatic

I have looked but found nothing on a Formula Trans Am.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
TECH Junkie

Trader Rating: 2

it says Formula, Trans Am

All trans am's are formula's IIRC.. i dont remember the code for it, but the trans am is an appearance package on top of the formula package... so both styles are listed together... in a similar way that i think Camaro SS's are listed as Z28s by their vin.

1995 Black TA A4 LT1
Mods: MSD cap and rotor, MSD wires, NGK plugs, K&N filter, 17" corvette GS replicas, Ram Air and OEM WS6 hood, 3.42 gears
1995blacktattop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #4
TECH Fanatic

Trader Rating: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasglock23 View Post
Looking for a bit more info on this car.

http://www.lonestarthunder.com/m_vin...&Submit=Decode
Well, the VIN# doesn't pop-up in my list of '98 WS6s, but if the car is black or red that's not surprizing.

As mentioned, the VIN cannot distinguish between a Formula or T/A, it just tells you that it has a V8. T/As will have an extra RPO code for the T/A appearance package option.

Johnny B - '98 Triple-Black WS6 'Vert - M6 - ASC#3030 (1 of 50)
DGM C/F Speedster Tonneau, Pro 5.0, HPP3, MTI C/F Lid & K&N, 160 T-stat, KBDD SFC, BMR STB
4th-Gen Firebird Production Number Breakdowns
4th-Gen Camaro Production Number Breakdowns
JohnnyBs98WS6Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
TECH Fanatic

This is the email I got from him and my response

Sorry I dont work that way. Cash in hand with exchange of title and we got a deal. Not interested in an interenet scam...

@!#$@#%$$%^%#$^&&&^%^&% wrote:
I literally just ran into a financial problem and i need to get rid of the Trans Am IMMEDIATELY. I owe $4700 on it, its yours for that price. You can wire the money to the finance company, they will process your payment within 48 hours, put the title in the mail headed to you. I'll drop the car off at your house after the payment posts within 48 hours.................................
Old 08-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #6
TECH Addict

Trader Rating: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasglock23 View Post
This is the email I got from him and my response

Sorry I dont work that way. Cash in hand with exchange of title and we got a deal. Not interested in an interenet scam...

@!#$@#%$$%^%#$^&&&^%^&% wrote:
I literally just ran into a financial problem and i need to get rid of the Trans Am IMMEDIATELY. I owe $4700 on it, its yours for that price. You can wire the money to the finance company, they will process your payment within 48 hours, put the title in the mail headed to you. I'll drop the car off at your house after the payment posts within 48 hours.................................

Man, dont walk away from that one....RUN!

You should email him back and offer $3500 and see what he says. Tell him you will wire the monay ASAP if its a deal. I bet he takes it!
Old 08-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
TECH Fanatic

He told me and I quote "go **** yerself"
Old 08-05-2008, 03:50 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement