Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

window help

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window help

My passanger side window dont work, then it works, then it works alittle. I get it down then takes me 4 hrs to get it back up, what went bad how do i fix it. tx for the help try the search but 1000 things came up but not what i need.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A new motor and alot of patience.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gillahoon
My passanger side window dont work, then it works, then it works alittle. I get it down then takes me 4 hrs to get it back up, what went bad how do i fix it. tx for the help try the search but 1000 things came up but not what i need.
Get a new motor from Autozone- they're guaranteed for life and when it goes bad, you just bring it in and get a new one. Use this link to help you: http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

I have a bad back and didn't want to repair it myself, but it can cost close to 400 to have a dealer fix it. It actually wasn't too bad of a repair to do and wasn't hard on my back very much. I kept that page open on my laptop and referenced it throughout the repair. You can also print it and bring the pages out to the car if you don't have a laptop.

Good luck, and PM me if you need help along the way.