Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

G8 performance parts that don't void the warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G8 performance parts that don't void the warranty?

Trying to find some performance parts that does not void the factory warranty. Any info would be great.

Thanks,
Dustin
Old 06-13-2009, 10:03 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrome valve stem caps..

With the 100K powertrain warranties and GM having no money I wouldnt touch anything if I wanted to keep the warranty these days.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:00 PM
On the tree

The question is going to depend on your servicing dealer. Mine is cool with mods as long asyou dont come in with a blown motor and have a supercharger on the car.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not all dealers are the same. the dealer here in ardmore ok will put on any aftermarket part includeing a supercharger. and they say as long as it is ordered and put on by them it is covered under the factory warranty. they put on a supercharger just the other day on a 09 vette, sent it up to okc ok to the place i used to get my car done. and it still has the factory warranty and pushing nearly 650rwhp. just go and find a dealer that will do that for you and it will be all good. do it in any other way and you will risk loosing the warranty. gm can even tell if you put in another computer that has been upgraded. and you put back in the factory for warranty. it gets incoded and they can tell... good luck with all you do in the aftermarket world...
Old 06-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Teching In

i talked to my dealer, they said:
intake is fine
exhaust after the cats is fine.

anything that messes with the electronics or valvetrain would void the warranty.

your dealer may differ. doesn't hurt to just ask them.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:58 AM

thanks for the info guy
Old 06-15-2009, 07:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Federal law is very clear on this. Modifications do NOT void the warranty unless the modifications are the direct cause of the failure. Research the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act. It is the dealers responsibility to prove that the modifcation was the direct cause of the failure, not yours to prove that it did not.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:51 AM
On the tree

While you are correct i hate to say this but the manufactures are sending out emails to look for tunes and or changes to any of the control modules anytime there is a major warranty claim no a vehicle.

Some of the gm regional warranty reps have been telling dealers that they will not allow warranty work on any vehicles that have any sorts of mods and some are ok with mods like the magnuseon/moss warranty act states.

You ultimately have to see how your dealer feels about it as you will be relying on your dealer to stick up for you when or if you ahve to file a warranty claim.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, you're not relying on your dealer. If they refuse the claim, you're within your rights to demand arbitration or file a civil suit. Since the law is clear, and the burden of proof is on THEM, you don't need to worry. Unless, of course, your mods did cause the failure. If that's the case, then you should man up and pay for it yourself.

Quick Reply: G8 performance parts that don't void the warranty?