I got some time to work on the car again yesterday. The task was to finish up with swapping all of the differential bushings. I recently ordered a few more tools to help assist with the wrenchy wrenchy, and boy was I glad to have the impact wrench for the bushing removal.
New air compressor freshly wired up with the new 240:
Some new air tools for wrenchy wrenchy:
Here you can see the diff dropped with the driveshaft disconnected. This is the factory diff bushing ready for removal.
You need to be careful when dropping the diff. There isn't a ton of room for the axle boot and the subframe. I put some towels on the subframe to help mitigate the rubber boot from getting torn up.
Here is the rear diff bushing removed with the assistance of the impact wrench (I love air!):
Out with the old, in with the new:
I was able to installed 2 of the 3 diff bushings yesterday. Only 1 last diff bushing to be replaced before this car can get aligned and back on the road. I know I've said this before, but the car is so close! Haven't driven the car since April 20th, so I'm really starting to get the itch now that weather is finally coming around here in MN. I'll be in Charlotte, NC all of this week so there wont be any updates until the weekend.