Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

My new "steal of a deal" 09 MGM GT w/ polished pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My new "steal of a deal" 09 MGM GT w/ polished pics!

Last month, just browsing bored on Craigslist, not actually ready to buy a car, I came across a local 2009 MGM G8 GT with 78k miles for $16,500 at a dealer lot! I wasn't exactly looking to buy right then, but I figured I'd go check it out for that price. It books for almost $23k. I figured for such a low price, something must be wrong. I checked the VIN, and it only has 2 owners, and the last owner I talk to often now because he traded it in for a new Camaro to a dealer and it hasn't been sold since. The VIN came up 100% clean, so I thoroughly inspected the car for suspicious damage and coverups, but could not find a single thing. The guy had it on Craigslist since July 2013, and continually lowered the price each time he listed. I don't know HOW this didn't sell earlier. It had everything in mods that I wanted, and after driving it, I HAD TO HAVE IT! So I got it!

Here's all the details:
2009 (not a 09.5) Magnetic Gray Metallic GT
Red/Onxy Leather trim, with matching gauges (YES!)
All fully loaded options minus the sunroof and bluetooth (I really wanted one, but can live without it for the price I paid)
19x8 Bremmer Kraft BR09 Black-Chrome wheels
5% window tint
55w 6000k H11 HIDs
GXP rear diffuser
Rotofab CAI
Aftermarket X-pipe in place of x-resonator
Muffler delete into large quad tips (The best muffler delete I've ever heard minus a little drone)
SuperChips Cortex 93 Octane tune

There's a local dyno day next Saturday, I will update this with dyno numbers on Feb 1.

My immediate plans are appearance. I'm putting all the badges back on the car except the rear Pontiac. Debadging a car doesn't look "clean" to me, it looks stupid. Red trimmed Sport steering wheel, and red trimmed shift ****. LED lights everywhere (I already installed white LED interior), a SLIGHTLY dropped lowering spring, nothing slammed, and the red trimmed steering wheel and shift ****. It has the typical front LCA pop at low speed and a steering wheel shake on the highway, so that will be a top priority to keep the tires in good shape. I would like a GXP front bumper, and blacked out exterior plastic trim pieces, to get rid of the faded gray look.

Also, I would like to add, my VIN ends in 2xxxxx, and not the 3xxxxx like the 09.5 cars, was built July 4, 2008, and has the pop-out cupholders in the bottom of the rear seats. So many websites state "If you have the rear lower pop-out cupholders, it is a 2009.5", and this is NOT TRUE. Can we axe that "factoid" out?

Sorry for the cell phone pics. I'm waiting for it to warm up and go out and snap some nice HQ pics.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:01 PM
TECH Junkie

I just finished a 6 hours detail on the car. I'm waiting until later this week to take some high quality pictures, but I got some detailed pictures of the polishing I did. It had some bad swirls like it hadn't ever been polished or waxed, so I had to fix that!

I began with a claybar, then I used a Harbor Freight DA polisher, with some cheapo Harbor Freight pads. I used an orange cutting pad with Meguiar's Ultimate Polish, then another pass with a blue polishing pad with the same polish, then finished with a black finishing pad and some Meguiar's Ultimate Synthetic Sealant. Not too bad for some cheap supplies, I must say.

Also, dyno numbers coming this Saturday!

Old 01-27-2014, 01:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Clean car for the miles. I hear the superchips really wakes those cars up plus the intake.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Very clean G8 and a great price. Nice work.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Staging Lane

Paint looks much better. Saw that car on craigslist a while back.

Where you getting dyno'd at?
Old 02-01-2014, 10:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

in for updates, same color and mods as my cousins , curious as to results. nice find .
Old 02-02-2014, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Dyno results in this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...-ws6-dyno.html
Old 02-04-2014, 06:28 AM
Teching In

That's a hell of a deal! The price was probably that low because of the mods, but you beat my deal by 3K. Identical features aside from the red leather, same color, lower mileage and certified used for $20K last October. I'm glad yours was de-badged, I was considering it for mine. I think I'll keep the GT and delete the rest though. I need to detail mine the way you did yours though!

Quick Reply: My new "steal of a deal" 09 MGM GT w/ polished pics!