Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 07:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also have ,magna flow at back lots of drone
Old 03-11-2015, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm looking to sell my G35S sedan and pick up a G8 GT for daily driving. This post is just what I was looking for in order to see how these cars hold up. I haven't seen much mentioned about the interiors though. How are things in that department? One of the main reasons I'm getting rid of the G35 is due to interior rattles I'm unable to get rid of. I can't deal with that in my daily, as I spend at least an hour on the road everyday. Also, if anyone is aware of any good deals out there, PM me!

Last edited by L$X$10; 03-11-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone? How are those interiors holding up?
Old 03-14-2015, 10:15 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

No rattles in our interior at 40k. I prefer the cloth seats to the leather in these cars. The leather tends to be a little dry and hard; expect to condition it regularly. Then again, my wife's black car used to sit in the broiling sun all day long at her old job for the first few years we owned it.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:31 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll hit 94k by the end of the month. Interior is holding up fine for me -- no rattles, but I *just* started hearing a squeak of some sort coming from the vent area on the driver side. It seemed to start as soon as the weather stayed consistently 50+.

I like the leather in the G8, but my only comparison is the usual GM cheap (i.e. fake) leather as found in the Camaro. I also like the leather in my GTO, so...

As far as the car as a whole, I love this thing for a family car. I do have the clunking front suspension, and while I am going to replace the control arms, I am battling nearly 100k miles of rust which has fought me getting the bolts out. I did end up replacing the rear trailing arms which made huge difference in traction, but was unsuccessful getting the rear toe arms out (again, due to rust build up). I will actually be attempting to replace the toe arms and front control arms this weekend in hopes that soaking them with rust penetrator helped...

I feel as though the brakes are much too small for a car with this much heft, but one can do a Camaro SS or CTSV Brembo conversion (I've only looked into the former with new parts rather than the salvage yard route). It's certainly nothing that would steer me away from buying the car, though.

I also hate the transmission tuning. It's such a slug when flooring it, but I understand that's part of how all these modern, fuel efficient transmissions are. It's nothing that a tune won't take care of, though.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Based on what I've seen from G8 owners, these cars hold up pretty good, which is why I'm headed to pick the car below this Friday.

08 GT with:
-117k miles
-Rotofab intake
-Polished Camaro Staggered rims
-Camaro Brembos bought brand new...powder coated blue and Brembo labeled
-Russell Stainless Steel lines
-Hawk pads
-Slotted Rotors
-Shark fin antenna
-Leather center console lid
-Leather shift boot

Name:  g8_zpsz77gowcl.jpg
Views: 1559
Size:  113.7 KB

Name:  g82_zpssiqqug7v.jpg
Views: 1653
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  g84_zpsf80eslyv.jpg
Views: 1477
Size:  33.2 KB

Known issues:

-CD player isn't working
-Loose passenger handle
-Rear locks sometime won't lock
-Weak remote start
-And:
Name:  8197_zpskqzb1qhy.jpeg
Views: 1456
Size:  60.6 KB

Name:  8192_zpsvxggi5rx.jpeg
Views: 1464
Size:  49.1 KB

AutoChecked the vin and everything is clean. I'll be the 3rd owner if everything goes as planned.

So the question is: Is $13,250 a fair deal?
Old 04-18-2015, 07:50 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

I think it's fair. Seems to be documented and cared for. Rear lock actuators is a common issue -- I forgot about that in my assessment.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wife has the 09 GT, over 102k on it now, picked it up with 85k on it a year and half ago now. There is a light rattle from the front end when going over some bumps, but nothing loose as far as I can tell. The interior is holding up very well, only issue was the hazard switch 'pushing' into the radio trim. Less than an hour including glue drying time had that fixed. Needs an alignment and balance the tires, just swapped the summers back on and a small, but noticeable vibration from the front tires has shown up.

Other than oil changes and snow tires, that's it.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by L$X$10
Based on what I've seen from G8 owners, these cars hold up pretty good, which is why I'm headed to pick the car below this Friday.

08 GT with:
-117k miles
-Rotofab intake
-Polished Camaro Staggered rims
-Camaro Brembos bought brand new...powder coated blue and Brembo labeled
-Russell Stainless Steel lines
-Hawk pads
-Slotted Rotors
-Shark fin antenna
-Leather center console lid
-Leather shift boot

Known issues:

-CD player isn't working
-Loose passenger handle
-Rear locks sometime won't lock
-Weak remote start
-And:

AutoChecked the vin and everything is clean. I'll be the 3rd owner if everything goes as planned.

So the question is: Is $13,250 a fair deal?
I would say that's a really good deal...
Old 04-26-2015, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

And those of you with drone problems get the solo j pipes axle backs and that will fix it..
Old 04-30-2015, 09:15 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by 8UALIVE
And those of you with drone problems get the solo j pipes axle backs and that will fix it..
...or ask Bruce Jenner if you could have his discarded *****.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by L$X$10
Anyone? How are those interiors holding up?
I just hit 75k miles,

Had to have the headliner re-done, my passenger side door handle leather is coming off, and i think so is the drivers side at the exact same spot.

Some of these problems I'm sure is due to the fact that my car sat in the Florida sun during the summer while I debated what to do after I dropped cylinder 6 AFM lifter.

Drivers side speaker is inop as well.

Other then that the car is solid, seats are in amazing shape and not a rattle to be heard. Much different then driving my F-Body
Old 05-06-2015, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

No real issues with car at 55k. The side panel on the driver's side of the console came off for some reason, the inside door handle leather is starting to come off the handle, and the driver's seat on the back is showing some wear where I get in/out of the car.

I have a M6 GXP and it runs like a scalded dog. The stock size tires suck as traction is an afterthought. If you get one of these I recommend a bigger rear tire, much bigger.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Mine only at 60K on it when I sold it due to space concerns. Had too many cars and she had to go.

Had the steering wheel shakes from day one. Put three sets of tires on it and it never went away. GM refused to fix it.

The plastic interior of the car could scratch easy.

I remember the belts kept jumping off all the time. That was annoying.

One time I was in a parking lot and the car wouldn't start. Figured out it was the battery connection wasn't tight enough from the factory. Whew! Always carried tools after that.

Something was fucked up with my crank pulley. It always looked like it was shaking. Not sure why.

I had a squeak at idle that I finally traced to the belts. The car was almost new and GM refused to fix. Maybe due to crank pulley?

The car just let me down in too many ways. For example when I ordered the car originally --- on the GM website it said it would come with hids. Car didn't have them when delivered. I was never happy with the handling and acceleration. If I knew I would of kept my old Camaro.

Quick Reply: G8 GT/GXP Owners With 100K+ Miles Come On In