Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

[VR] 2014 Chevrolet SS - 2.9L Whipple SC, Kooks - Before/After & Walkaround Video!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 09:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default [VR] 2014 Chevrolet SS - 2.9L Whipple SC, Kooks - Before/After & Walkaround Video!

The Chevrolet SS is really one of the more underrated sedans out of the Chevy camp. Australian built (based off of the Holden Commodore) and LS3 powered, this sedan has the potential to really be a powerhouse while also flying underneath the radar as many do not even know what it is.

A local customer of ours picked up this new 2014 black sedan knowing the potential. At first, he drove it around on the stock LS3 and added his own visual touches to the car that included a clear bra, tint, Holden badges and a set of OZ racing wheels. He then came to us looking to make some more power out of the LS3. After going over a set of options on the car, it was decided that we were going to bolt up a 2.9L Whipple supercharger with some supporting mods to get the power level of the SS up to where our client wanted.

Modifications Installed

Whipple 2.9L Intercooled Supercharger System @ 7psi
Kooks 1 ⅞” Longtube Header System w/ Catted X-Pipe
Billet Catch Can w/ -An Fittings and Braided Line
CompCams Trunion Upgrade Kit

The results out the package came out great. We saw a 175.58whp / 154.75wtq increase for final numbers of 510.14whp / 487.39wtq! That will definitely surprise some other cars out on the street.

Here is a walk around video so you can hear the exhaust and see the Whipple idling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK5H...ature=youtu.be

For more information on SS modifications or any other late model LS performance parts, contact us at the shop.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Dayum I just noticed this... Nice setup. I wonder why no G8s are running the Whipple yet..
Old 12-01-2015, 11:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome.

What do you think the gains would be with say a LS9 camshaft?
Old 12-02-2015, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mean87SS
Awesome.

What do you think the gains would be with say a LS9 camshaft?
LS9 cam really only transfers some power. It takes about 20 horses from down low, and puts it up top. It may give a few horsepower gain overall, but its mostly to have the powerband higher in the rev range.... or so ive read.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If this thing is still around, I saw a very similar one with a Vengeance Racing rocker panel banner and black wheels on a car hauler this morning on I-75N near Windy Hill.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BudRacing
If this thing is still around, I saw a very similar one with a Vengeance Racing rocker panel banner and black wheels on a car hauler this morning on I-75N near Windy Hill.
Thanks Bud for pulling out this older thread. I don't spend a lot of time over here. Spend most of the time over on the G8Board (been over there almost 8 years) but was neat to see this build. Looks like a pretty sweet setup. And a couple of post up, I do wonder why you don't see more G8s with this setup.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BudRacing
That's a different car that's a little more extreme

It is a LSX solid roller 427 / YSI supercharger / meth making 900+rwhp on pump and meth. Car is back now for E85 tuning and upgraded drivetrain and 15" conversion to get it back on the 1/4 mile!

Quick Reply: [VR] 2014 Chevrolet SS - 2.9L Whipple SC, Kooks - Before/After & Walkaround Video!