Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

SS as a family car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 06:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Typically I would consider such a thing bad since it must be lying to the pcm and typically I would advocate reprogramming the pcm to get the desired result.

In this case though I might consider it, provided the pcm doesn't "see" it and screw with any potential warranty issues.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:20 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's $179 for a device that replaces simply pressing the throttle a bit harder.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Typically I would consider such a thing bad since it must be lying to the pcm and typically I would advocate reprogramming the pcm to get the desired result.

In this case though I might consider it, provided the pcm doesn't "see" it and screw with any potential warranty issues.
LOL.....I don't blame you! We all remember that crap module that came from 'Jet' for the LTT1's.

This item can be installed/removed in a breeze.....once you manage to contort yourself under the driver side dash. The dealer might hate seeing it down installed, but if you reset it to stock settings and remove it, they won't know the difference because it doesn't permanently reset the PCM's program.

I've already ordered the Vitesse for my SS based on a test drive in a co-worker's Camaro. The darn thing really does work.

BTW.....my tuner was only able to program out 'some' of the lag in my SS that GM programmed into the PCM. So there's that.

Have a great weekend!

Originally Posted by audacious nick
That's $179 for a device that replaces simply pressing the throttle a bit harder.
Perhaps....but if you haven't driven a car with it installed....you just can't know the difference.

KW

Quick Reply: SS as a family car?