Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

Any hope for a deal on a used G8 GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any hope for a deal on a used G8 GT

I definitely can't afford a new one but what would I expect to pay for a used GT? I can't find any used ones yet but that's what I'm going to be thinking about getting in about six months.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Teching In

You're going to have a hard time finding them for a good while, probably not even worth thinking about it man.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

I actually saw a couple on ebay and autotrader or cars.com, I was just looking around and wondered if any used ones had popped up yet. They only had about 20-50 miles on them, but were a few thousand bellow sticker.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

there's always a good deal if you're willing to wait. I personally wouldn't pay a dime over invoice, let alone a markup on sticker prices. I'd say give it a year, and a lot more used ones will pop up
Old 04-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Black00Z
there's always a good deal if you're willing to wait. I personally wouldn't pay a dime over invoice, let alone a markup on sticker prices. I'd say give it a year, and a lot more used ones will pop up
Once the 09s start showing up and a few used ones start hitting the lots there should be plenty of deals to be had.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
I actually saw a couple on ebay and autotrader or cars.com, I was just looking around and wondered if any used ones had popped up yet. They only had about 20-50 miles on them, but were a few thousand bellow sticker.

There's no way there are already G8 GTs at a few thousand $$ below sticker with only 50 miles on them. If they are that cheap, then show me where and we'll go buy them all because invoice is only about $1000 below sticker.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:56 AM
On The Tree

Patience is a definate though. I'd like to find a gently used GXP after they come out, so I'm not paying out the butt for it.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:20 PM
11 Second Club

I really want one, I'm waiting on one to show up on a lot with 5000 or less miles, because it is bound to happen. I refuse to buy anything new anymore. My daily driver 2002 STS is fully loaded, paid 10,900 cash for it with 55k miles, 1 owner car, brand new it was $49k. LMFAO!
Old 04-06-2008, 03:13 PM

Hmmm...Thanks for the help, my number one choice was of course a G8 but now I guess I'll start looking at GTO's instead, and if I can't get a deal on that I'll settle for an ls1 ta or z...
Old 04-06-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Morpheus
There's no way there are already G8 GTs at a few thousand $$ below sticker with only 50 miles on them. If they are that cheap, then show me where and we'll go buy them all because invoice is only about $1000 below sticker.
Here is one on ebay its at 28k, reserve is not met but it could be at 29 or 30. The car has 50 miles on it, thats not new anymore. You would be able to get a couple thousand of for those 50 miles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...spagenameZWDVW

Here are a few for 30k, like I said do some research before you imply I was lying. They are out there for 30k and not marked up to hell as everyone thinks they are. There were many more on auto sites but I did not feel like linking them all for you.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/ncal.j...e=&cardist=378
Old 04-07-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WhosNXT
Here is one on ebay its at 28k, reserve is not met but it could be at 29 or 30. The car has 50 miles on it, thats not new anymore. You would be able to get a couple thousand of for those 50 miles.

Here are a few for 30k, like I said do some research before you imply I was lying. They are out there for 30k and not marked up to hell as everyone thinks they are. There were many more on auto sites but I did not feel like linking them all for you.

You said they were a few thousand dollars below sticker. You haven't posted anything to back up your comment so I stand behind what I said. Posting an ebay auction where the reserve hasn't been met doesn't prove anything and your autotrader link shows about a $1000 discount.

Also, you think because a car has 50 miles on it that it's not new? lmao! Do you know how many cars on my lot right now have more then 50 miles on them? I probably have around 100 of them and they're all still brand new. You're higher than a kite if you think 50 miles is cause enough for an extra discount off of sticker.

I think you're the one that needs to do some more research.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha...Ok, I am not going to get involved in this pissing contest. Personally when a car is being sold for brand new it should have less than 10 miles on it. I do not want to pay a premium for a new car with 50 miles on it which came from the tools at the stealership joy riding in something they can't afford. Read what I said, the reserve could be around 29k or 30k you can't prove it's not and I can't prove it is, so we will drop it. The others I linked I stated were not marked up to hell like you all claim. They are there for sticker if you can find a dealer who is not bending people over. That is true.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:43 PM

I work at a Honda dealership, and sometimes pull cars from the back lot when they get purchased...they usually have atleast 15-20 miles on them at that point and they have to be road tested after that but I'm not sure for how long.

Quick Reply: Any hope for a deal on a used G8 GT