Pontiac G8 2008-09 & Chevrolet SS 2014+ LSX based RWD 4-door sedans

coupe?

Old 04-22-2008, 01:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question coupe?

Any confirmation of the G8 coupe coming out yet?

I'd love to be able to choose between either the Camaro or the G8 coupe in a couple of years.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Considering it's all on the same platform, and Pontiac is going to effectivly need a "Camaro fighter" it's highly probable. However, if you've seen the Ute, you have the general idea of how the G8 will look with two doors. OR, you can look here for what most of us think the coupe will look like. IF there's to be one, expect it within the next year, most likely AFTER the GXP release.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

Old 04-22-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slayn

OH SNAP THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

idk. the GTO, depending on your outlook, some call a failure. sure it sold but not in the numbers GM thought. a coupe would be a newer GTO (dif body, interior, engine etc. yes i know) but a 2door v8 rwd is the same as a GTO. wouldnt be suprised if we never saw one, although i wouldnt mind it. GM will probably stick with the 4door GXP, makes more sense from a sales standpoint
Old 04-22-2008, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Id rather have the 4 door honestly. Its part of the appeal, big roomy car but with no consession on the engine or suspension. It would compete with mostly the camaro anyway, which wouldnt do much good.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

WSsick, thing is, the GTO was a Monaro rip, and it had crap handling and was rather ugly. Ruined the Pontiac "GTO" image and name. The G8 Coupe looks FAR more muscular, and much better interior, not to mention it out-handled the SRT8 on the track and road course, so we can only assume the coupe will run with\overpower the Challenger.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Semper, i know it was taken straight from Holden but it will be an updated GTO/Manaro/COmmedore/VXR8 whatever you wanna call it. and since the GTO sales werent so hot, it makes Slayn's post all the more relevant. It just wouldnt be a wise sales decision to bring it back, at least not at this point in time. myabe later but GM needs the camaro to sell as many as possible to give the brand a kick in the ***. maybe then pontiac can bring it back, but dont be suprised if it flops.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

We might be at the end of another performance era anyway, I dont think they will concentrate on this type of car for too much longer. Early 60's to early 70's saw big performance that ended around 73. 73-80 was smog equipped carbureted crap. 81+ saw first computers, and computer controlled carbs to throttle body injection to eventually mutliport fuel injection. Almost all late 70's to late 80's car were crap, except for some notable contenders. The buick GNX came to mind the the TT and also an 89+ TPI camaro/firebird/vette with roller cams. Early 90's and up the performance has been going nowhere but up with the LT series motors which were improved versions of the small block TPI roller cams. Then the LS series motors which we all know. Now you can buy a corvette with 505hp and gets some badass mileage.

With all the federal regulations coming in expect to see a giant change in the auto industry. This is the end of this muscle era. Auto makers arent going to be coming out with all these big awesome V8 cars for much longer and there isnt a market for having a Camaro, Firebird, G8, GTO, Vette and all these other cars like in the past. Grab em while you can folks. The next 5-10 years you will see cars getting smaller and with smaller engines. GM doesnt even know what to do with the C7 corvette. Talks of a rear engine car with a smaller engine and a smaller vette to improve mileage but keep the performance the same.

I am 6'2 I dont want a smaller vette. My plan? I want to buy a G8 for a daily driver, a C6 for a track car and keep my 78 camaro as a classic. Pick up the cars while theyre fresh and low mileage, the end of the 2nd age of muscle is near!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

its called camaro, be thankful you are even getting it. put a pontiac badge on it, and end threads like this.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:57 AM
On The Tree

The Camaro is butt ugly though.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slayn
The Camaro is butt ugly though.
an AMAZING point! seriously threads like this are ridiculous. we should feel so lucky to have the Camaro coming out. clearly most of you have no clue what it takes to create a car from scratch. good luck learning.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

I dont feel lucky because the new Camaro is ugly. I am a die hard camaro fan but it doesn't mean I will buy it because its a Camaro. Ugly is ugly. Believe me man I LOVE Camaros and I have been following the 5th gen since I found leaked photos long before it was announced. I dont mean those crappy fan rendering I mean real leaked photos of the 5th gen. I just dont like how its looking. A lot of Camaro fans dont. I dont like the whole retro thing and I much prefer the nicer look of the g8 and would like a more modern RWD coupe other than some ugly 1st gen 5th gen hybrid thing we have here. Maybe they will make the camaro a retro car and then something like this as a firebird for modern so you can pick what you want. All I know is I have been thoroughly disappointed in the Camaro.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: coupe?