Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Wheres Everyone Hide There Bottle Cuz I Cant Find Newhere 2 Hide It Plz Help

Old 10-17-2008, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheres Everyone Hide There Bottle Cuz I Cant Find Newhere 2 Hide It Plz Help

im just wondering cause my friend bought 1 and were looking everywhere to fit this damn 10lb bottle any ideas ...HOW BOUT THE BUMPERS
thanks
Old 10-17-2008, 02:18 AM
12 Second Club

is it an 04...... cause right side of the rear bumper might work......or if he doesnt mind not having a spare tire.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Min is in the tire well on the right side of the mount. With some creative wire loom and the carpet back in it, you never see it.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

I saw a while ago a ls1gto forum member fabbed up a mount that went in between the two back seats. If you pull the piece in the center out there is enough room to fit a bottle if you cut the metal pieces and reinforce it.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:27 PM
10 Second Club

I have had it in many places. I had it in a gym bag (cut out the bottom) on the left side of the trunk. I had it mounted with a skid plate in the rear right muffler well untill I cut the bumper to add a second pipe. Now I have it in my Spare tire well along with my methanol.

Last edited by ArklaTexan; 10-18-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:40 AM
12 Second Club

There are several people getting twin 10lb bottles in the spare tire well, under the carpet even...
Old 10-18-2008, 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

i think he wants to hide his...... never understood why........

also where the hell are you going to hide the solinoids/lines/arming switch/w.o.t.s- or engagement button. as well as bottle heater switch with fpss if you even have one and purge.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

They also make a nice switch mounting plate that mounts in the ash tray (or in place of it) for the GTO, then flips up out of the way when not in use. There are a couple of guys who have gone the "stealth" mode, and basically hidden the whole system. Check out the nitrous forum over on LS1gto.com
Old 10-19-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

You could hide all the lines and stuff pretty easily with several of the kits out there. Nitrous is super easy to hide and intall on the GTO.

Take out your spare tire and you have a HUGE spot right there for it that is easily covered by the carpeting.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hivoltagedriver
There are several people getting twin 10lb bottles in the spare tire well, under the carpet even...
Not sure how you were able to accomplish this one since I tried that with the mounting brackets and how it sits now, the bottle sits higher than how the carpet lays down over the spare (minus the bottle & bracket).

Would like to see some pics of this setup you've got.

Originally Posted by CABRO
i think he wants to hide his...... never understood why........

also where the hell are you going to hide the solinoids/lines/arming switch/w.o.t.s- or engagement button. as well as bottle heater switch with fpss if you even have one and purge.
My stuff is all under my air filter...you can hardly see anything unless you REALLY look. As for the switches (arming, purge and heater) I use the Nitrous Outlet panel and for the remote opener I fab'd it right into the panel above the T/C and door lock buttons. Now for the WOT and window switches, I actually went with the Trick Black Series P Gauge. It's absolutely pimp, but a huge SOB to install....worth the extra headache IMO though.

Last edited by LS2Greg; 10-21-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Teching In

i have my bottle in the spare tire well, and there is plenty room for another one
i used to have mine behind the bumper, but i also cut my bumper to make it a dual sided exit exhaust, my switches are inside my center console, the solenoids are in my air cleaner, along with the relay

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheres Everyone Hide There Bottle Cuz I Cant Find Newhere 2 Hide It Plz Help