Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Front End Noise (2004 GTO A4)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front End Noise (2004 GTO A4)

I own a 2004 GTO A4. 40,000 Miles

So recently I was having some noise from my front end. When I would break it would make a creaking noise sometimes it would sounds like a pop or a crack. I went to the dealer and they told me that my bushings are dried out that that it is what is making that noise. I would like to know if that makes sense.

And also really recently also from my front end, when I would brake lightly it would make a clicking noise from the drivers side. But if I break hard it doesn't make the noise. But when I take my foot off the break it makes the clicking noise. The faster I go the faster it clicks. I also found that occasionally it will make the click if I turn the wheels while I am stopped. When I had the dealer check out this they were not sure what was causing it. They said that it might be fixed when they replace the bushings. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing the noise??

Thank you,
Eizenman
Old 01-14-2009, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't put the OEM bushings back in. the front radius rod bushes are a known problem area and the car improves performance when upgrading them. Lovells and Noltec (essentially the same), Super Pro and the more expensive pedders all make replacement ones and it's highly recommended. they're fairly easy to put on at home too. one great big nut and put on the new bush
Old 01-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Teching In

So I shouldnt have the OEM ones put back in??
Also do you think that the clicking noise sound could also be cause by the bad bushings?
It sounds like a metal to metal clicking.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Precision Motorsports of Florida in Tampa is a Pedders dealer. There are a lot of suspension parts on our car that wear out prematurely. I'd take it there and find out what you need. If you can't take the car there, I'd give them a call and at least describe your problem them. They should be able to help diagnosis the problem.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Thank you, I will call them when I get a chance.

Quick Reply: Front End Noise (2004 GTO A4)