Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

05+ GTs' vs 04 GTOs' (LS1) stock vs stock

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They sound great though. I dont see how they take HP away.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Launching!

Here's a good vid I found of an 04 GTO vs. several fast cars, 03/4 cobra, c5 vette, evo 9, sti, and boosted or sprayed 05+ GT...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6NVrGd2Ns4
Old 09-28-2009, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbum
Get rid of those flowmasters while your at it, they have been known to cost HP on GTOs. Our stock exhaust flows quite well.

An 03/04 Cobra stock will destroy a LS1 GTO stock with the drivers skill being equal.
I agree with ditching the flowmaster's..... As for the cobras vs LS1 GTO stock vs. stock, I wouldnt go as far as saying DESTROY..... I ran a 13.2 stock with a 2.0 60'.... Cobras were rated at 12.8, Not that bid of a difference but they are a tad quicker Stock vs. Stock.... Most of the people who own Cobras cant drive for **** anyways.... I know 4 dudes with cobras in my area all around 19yrs old and think their the ****, But cant drive for **** lol....
Old 09-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by breze84
I agree with ditching the flowmaster's..... As for the cobras vs LS1 GTO stock vs. stock, I wouldnt go as far as saying DESTROY..... I ran a 13.2 stock with a 2.0 60'.... Cobras were rated at 12.8, Not that bid of a difference but they are a tad quicker Stock vs. Stock.... Most of the people who own Cobras cant drive for **** anyways.... I know 4 dudes with cobras in my area all around 19yrs old and think their the ****, But cant drive for **** lol....
yep I agree
Old 10-04-2009, 09:45 PM

From what I've seen, read stock to stock equal drivers, the cobras will pull from a dig, all the way till limiter kicks in. Fastest recorded 1/4 in a stock cobra down to the air filter was a 12.4x they on avg. with a decent driver will do 12.6-12.9s all depending on location, and temperature. Though I'll tell you guys this, you GM boys have not given me as much **** as those ford guys in their cobras and gt's for driving a v6 stang lol wasn't my choice, just ended up in it. I may step over to the dark side, and get a GM product. see how it is.... though what motor do you guys prefer? Lt1, ls1, ls2????? I'll be making payments, and don't want anything stupid expensive like a c6Z though that'd be nice!
Old 10-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TungStang07
From what I've seen, read stock to stock equal drivers, the cobras will pull from a dig, all the way till limiter kicks in. Fastest recorded 1/4 in a stock cobra down to the air filter was a 12.4x they on avg. with a decent driver will do 12.6-12.9s all depending on location, and temperature. Though I'll tell you guys this, you GM boys have not given me as much **** as those ford guys in their cobras and gt's for driving a v6 stang lol wasn't my choice, just ended up in it. I may step over to the dark side, and get a GM product. see how it is.... though what motor do you guys prefer? Lt1, ls1, ls2????? I'll be making payments, and don't want anything stupid expensive like a c6Z though that'd be nice!
Ive beat one from a dig twice lol you should get a goat! You can pick up a 04 for a pretty decent price.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fatbum
Get rid of those flowmasters while your at it, they have been known to cost HP on GTOs. Our stock exhaust flows quite well.

An 03/04 Cobra stock will destroy a LS1 GTO stock with the drivers skill being equal.
Define destroy. Will an '02 SS Camaro destroy an '04 GTO? I don't know for sure, I kind of feel the LS1 GTO is underrated in the Internet, but not on the track.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:25 AM
12 Second Club

I wouldnt really go with the LT1, IMO thats pretty old technology but a capable motor..... I would go with anything that has an LSX, weather it be a LS1/LS6 LS2 ect ect.....
Old 10-05-2009, 07:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by patisi
Define destroy. Will an '02 SS Camaro destroy an '04 GTO? I don't know for sure, I kind of feel the LS1 GTO is underrated in the Internet, but not on the track.
I agree.... IMO, Anything that is rated within .5 sec of a difference at the track by the magazines would be a drivers race, but thats just how i feel.... You gotta figure all these track numbers that Car & Driver, Road & Track ect ect get are all with professional drivers for the most part.... They rated the 04 GTO at 13.7 in the 1/4 but everyone who owns one knows its BS... Like I said I pulled a 13.2 with the factory street tires on a 75* day with a 2.0 60'.... Factroy freak??? Who knows maybe but i speak from personal experience on what i did... Others may say different, From what i can remember i think the bone stock 04 GTO record was a 12.8 or 12.9 but im not a 100% on that, I think the record for the 05/06 was a 12.6 or 12.7......
Old 10-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Launching!

I agree.... IMO, Anything that is rated within .5 sec of a difference at the track by the magazines would be a drivers race, but thats just how i feel.... You gotta figure all these track numbers that Car & Driver, Road & Track ect ect get are all with professional drivers for the most part.... They rated the 04 GTO at 13.7 in the 1/4 but everyone who owns one knows its BS... Like I said I pulled a 13.2 with the factory street tires on a 75* day with a 2.0 60'.... Factroy freak??? Who knows maybe but i speak from personal experience on what i did... Others may say different, From what i can remember i think the bone stock 04 GTO record was a 12.8 or 12.9 but im not a 100% on that, I think the record for the 05/06 was a 12.6 or 12.7......
wont destroy but should win I got beat pretty good by a ss but it had more done to it then me and was a auto so he really didnt have to do anything.
But I ran 13.5 on a 101 degree day with **** tires not being able to launch very hard and all I had on the car was c.a.i.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Well I ran a 13.345@106 in a LS1 GTO and I still had the factory paper filter and stock exhaust... So, I think it just depends on the car and of coarse the driver.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:07 PM

Man, I do like the interior on the gtos.... the outside of them remind me of a overgrown caviler....just saying but as a die hard ford guy i do like how much power they make with such little mods... I can find a stock 03/04 cobra in the range 25-29k depending on the miles.... My co-worker, the one with that purple goat, ran his buddies 00 SS and lost each run... from a dig, a punch, no matter what they did, the SS pulled two cars.... Might I say, the LS1 goat of his has dumped exhaust, k&n filter, and a 6 spd. the SS is completely stock aside from the K&N drop in filter, but even the exhaust is stock running through a auto trans!! do explain this one....
Old 10-05-2009, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

the 2010 stangs are a slow roller my goat is litely modded and i slaughtered one about a week ago.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by badgoat04
the 2010 stangs are a slow roller my goat is litely modded and i slaughtered one about a week ago.

eh.... intake, exhaust, tune..... to what a stock 10' stang? I hope you'd get the win.. they're rated I believe 13.6 stock... some where in that range. You being tuned makes hell of a difference.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:41 PM
12 Second Club

Man, I do like the interior on the gtos.... the outside of them remind me of a overgrown caviler....just saying but as a die hard ford guy i do like how much power they make with such little mods... I can find a stock 03/04 cobra in the range 25-29k depending on the miles.... My co-worker, the one with that purple goat, ran his buddies 00 SS and lost each run... from a dig, a punch, no matter what they did, the SS pulled two cars.... Might I say, the LS1 goat of his has dumped exhaust, k&n filter, and a 6 spd. the SS is completely stock aside from the K&N drop in filter, but even the exhaust is stock running through a auto trans!! do explain this one....
I think you buddie with the Goat needs a Driver Mod... Im pretty sure the 00 SS uses the shitty 853 casting heads and LS1 intake.... The 04 GTO uses the not that much, but better 241 casting heads and LS6 intake.... Driver mod for sure....
Old 10-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Teching In

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
Old 10-07-2009, 11:51 AM

I think you buddie with the Goat needs a Driver Mod... Im pretty sure the 00 SS uses the shitty 853 casting heads and LS1 intake.... The 04 GTO uses the not that much, but better 241 casting heads and LS6 intake.... Driver mod for sure....

I was thinking driver mod too.... possibly power to weight ratio but even than... his excuse for the losses was the throws..... he says he needs a short throw shifter. And I say, excuses are like ********, everyone has one. ^-^
Old 10-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

I was thinking driver mod too.... possibly power to weight ratio but even than... his excuse for the losses was the throws..... he says he needs a short throw shifter. And I say, excuses are like ********, everyone has one. ^-^
and they all stink...

As for the 00 SS beating a GTO that bad? Might be a fender ahead, or maybe even front tire to rear tire...but with both cars having good drivers and those mods...the GTO will hang and eventually overtake at around 4th gear... GTO have a more agressive gearing in the transmission to help compensate for the weight...I believe its the same as the Z06...
Old 10-07-2009, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by DNTMPME
and they all stink...

As for the 00 SS beating a GTO that bad? Might be a fender ahead, or maybe even front tire to rear tire...but with both cars having good drivers and those mods...the GTO will hang and eventually overtake at around 4th gear... GTO have a more agressive gearing in the transmission to help compensate for the weight...I believe its the same as the Z06...
So basically, my co-worker(service manger) who runs his mouth a lot about beating this and that.... just can't simply drive...unlike what he claims. He said he lost by half a car to an 04 mach 1 that had headers, tune, intake, exhaust. Half a car? hmm...
Old 10-07-2009, 01:55 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DNTMPME
and they all stink...

+1 +1 +1 Man, I seen that blue the other day on another goat, with smoked tail lights...all I could think was dammmmmn!

Quick Reply: 05+ GTs' vs 04 GTOs' (LS1) stock vs stock