Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

GTO's here

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTO's here

Thought I'd post a link to the first real review of the car - somebody who actually owns one now.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...=&threadid=376

Got to the dealers today at 3:00pm. My car was waiting for me at the front door. Test drove it, bought it and drove it for the next 5 hours.

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL.

THE WAIT IS WELL WORTH IT. WHEN I WAS DRIVING THIS CAR I THOUGHT I WAS DREAMING IT IS THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THESE CARS WILL GET RESPECT ON THE STREET, THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN SAY THAT CAN BRING THIS CAR DOWN, NOTHING!

This car is so F-ing badass in person. The feel, the look, the sound PERFECT.

They did not cut any corners on this car. You can literally get it up to 120 and not even notice. Yes, I did go that fast on the freeway at 1:30am. took it up there for a few and brought her back down. This thing is a Mustang Killer for sure. The Torque on this car will blow you away. I was getting looks from all sorts of people in this car. A few people in pontiacs actually followed me for a while just staring at it. I was driving it and I happend to pull up to a Cobra. This guy looks over, looks back then revs his engine HARD. We both took off, nobody won though, too many cars infront of us a little ways down and another red light. I will have pics up asap, inside and out.

The trunk isnt too small. Its quite fine for someone that doesnt need to haul a lot of luggage... but thats not what this cars for anyways. The handling of this car is and speed of this beast are unbelievable. Handles like a dream. When you take off from a stop, if you hit the pedal ever so slightly this thing just wants to jump, it wants to so bad that its sqweels out the back tires. This car means business. And the best thing about it, This car looks both MEAN and FAST yet Luxurious and a Sleeper at the same time. It looks mean enough to pull up to a mustang or someone and they know your car could kill them, yet a cop might not even notice it which is a good thing.

I was driving and a F-ing Rabbit runs across the road late tonight.
Nobody was on the road at the time, i had to swerve into the other lane and back to miss it. This car does exactly what you want it to do, QUICKLY. I was able to avoid the rabbit and get back into my lane in 2 seconds and the car responded and handled perfectly when i dodged around the rabbit. In my truck i probebly wouldve had to just run it over, since my truck cant handle like that. im glad i didnt hit it, that wouldve sucked to get that nastyness all over my car!

At 90mph a little flashing signal goes off on the digital mph readout display and it beeps 3 times then goes off. I want to figure out a way to disconnect this. It can get annoying but nothing the stereo cant drown out! The soundsystem in this car is great but i'd have to say that when turned up at fullblast its still not loud enought For me. I dont know if i'll get a new system in it though, its still PLENTY good. There are a lot of controls on this car (dash and wheel), so reading the manual seems to be the only way to ever figure out what everything actually does. One thing is i didnt know is theres no button for the locks inside, if you pull up the lock manually on the driver side, the passenger one opens. I actually knew more than the salesman about this thing which was kinda cool heh, thx on that guys. I also bought lowjack for the car, and the guys coming to the house in a few days to install it. They tried to charge us 650 for it, but we "jewed" em down heh on the price to what they got it for @ 420. I also was given their one and only 20X20 poster of the blk/blk GTO and Brochure and they even took my picture with it and are sending me a free GTO calender with my pic on the inside and some other cool stuff. The dealer wants me to come back tomorrow to go over the inside of it AGAIN with me since he says he feels bad he didnt have a lot of time to get inside it and figure it all out, since I did get there 30 minutes after they installled the brake pads, cleaned and detailed it... i think he just wants me to come back so HE can check it out again lol. alright thats enough, im out.

Last edited by danny760 on 12-13-2003 at 08:43 AM
Old 12-13-2003, 09:04 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Just curious, but what did the guy previously own before the GTO? It just sounds like this is his first semi-quick car

Tony
Old 12-13-2003, 09:49 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Just curious, but what did the guy previously own before the GTO? It just sounds like this is his first semi-quick car

Tony
That's what I was thinking, especially with the "Mustang Killer" comment.
Old 12-13-2003, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

Tony
Not sure about the previous car, but if I recall, he's 19 or 20, so you are probably right. I'm 32 but I'll be in the same boat - this will be the first car with any ***** I've owned.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:35 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

I'm 20. I'm on my 3rd RWD V8. You all need to get out more!
Old 12-14-2003, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

"This car looks both MEAN and FAST yet Luxurious and a Sleeper at the same time. "

Ok he just contridicted himself, that was a very weird review...but o well. I cant wait till some of you guys get em.

Wes
Old 12-14-2003, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
I'm 20. I'm on my 3rd RWD V8. You all need to get out more!
Somehow real life always got in the way until now. Pay for college or buy a cool car, buy a computer or buy a cool car, buy a house or buy a cool car - now those are all out of the way and the cool car is on the way.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:46 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Yeah, that's the better way to do things usually.

Enjoy it!