Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Radio problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio problem

My cd player stopped working while trying to eject. I'm getting the code ''mech'' error. The cd's won't play or eject. I going to pick a used one up on ebay but am not sure if or how to program it due to the security code needed for the radio. I have the card that came with the car with the codes on it. Will all three year radio's work in the '04? It sucks I'm gonna lose 6 cd's!
Old 10-31-2010, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Yes, all three years work, no problem at all. Typically, once the radio is disconnected from the previous car, it will need a security code. Make sure you get it with the radio.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Roman nj.
My cd player stopped working while trying to eject. I'm getting the code ''mech'' error. The cd's won't play or eject. I going to pick a used one up on ebay but am not sure if or how to program it due to the security code needed for the radio. I have the card that came with the car with the codes on it. Will all three year radio's work in the '04? It sucks I'm gonna lose 6 cd's!

Your not going to lose the 6 CD's, take the cover off and work them out, them will come.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

thanks guys. i found a good deal on a used one. i was gonna buy an aftermarket stereo but none that i saw could hold 6 cds in it. can you hook up a mp3 adapter to the stock stereo?
Old 10-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Do I need a tool to remove the radio. I've seen them on ebay.

Quick Reply: Radio problem