Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Corsa Sport opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa Sport opinions

I'm getting the Corsa Sport exhaust this week, along with a LPE CAI for my 06' GTO. I've heard a lot of clips on youtube with LT's, cam etc.. Just never really found one with an interior driving clip. I know Corsa is known for their "no drone" systems, but I'm just curious if anyone has a clip of there's I could see.
Thanks

ps: I was going to go with Spintech, but I think this system will reduce the drone that Spintech has. Both sound awesome on these cars imo.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

I had it for about a week. Way too loud. I ended up adding the touring mufflers and love the set up. As far as drone there was none but it was loud. They say you can keep it quiet but with an auto and a stall it was almost impossible. I started it up one day in a parking lot while it was cold and it set off the car alarms of 3 of the 4 cars near me.

I wish I had a cruising vid for you.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GF7PE
I had it for about a week. Way too loud. I ended up adding the touring mufflers and love the set up. As far as drone there was none but it was loud. They say you can keep it quiet but with an auto and a stall it was almost impossible. I started it up one day in a parking lot while it was cold and it set off the car alarms of 3 of the 4 cars near me.

I wish I had a cruising vid for you.
I actually prefer the Sport over the Touring mufflers. I don't mind loud at all. I ran Powersticks with HFC & H-pipe out the back for years on my Trans/Am (G5X3/3600 stall). That car was insane; so I'm looking to make the GTO something like it. I searched around a little harder (elsewise than youtube), and found some interior vids, it's near stock sounding, but when you get on it the motor comes alive! With a good sized cam (VRX5/ Torquer V3) it'll most likely be ridiculous to some, but awesome to others.

Thanks for your inputGF7PE

Last edited by ChefTA; 11-02-2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: misplaced words
Old 11-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ChefTA
I actually prefer the Sport over the Touring mufflers. I don't mind loud at all. I ran Powersticks with HFC & H-pipe out the back for years on my Trans/Am (G5X3/3600 stall). That car was insane; so I'm looking to make the GTO something like it. I searched around a little harder (elsewise than youtube), and found some interior vids, it's near stock sounding, but when you get on it the motor comes alive! With a good sized cam (VRX5/ Torquer V3) it'll most likely be ridiculous to some, but awesome to others.

Thanks for your inputGF7PE
I hear ya there. Don't get me wrong it does sound nasty but I couldn't consciously start it in my neighborhood before noon
Old 11-02-2010, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

I could consciously start it anytime. I love it when people roll their windows up at red lights because they apparently don't appreciate the symphony a powerful motor makes. I just look at them, and smile When the system gets on my car, I'll know if it was indeed "louder" to me at that time. From what I've seen so far; I'm sure it'll sound very appealing to my ears.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Just being catback, the sound will be not noticeable below 3k w/ no-drone. even with a cam I still dont have any drone. its loud, but no sound resonate in the car.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:25 AM

Corsa IMO is the best way to go. Quality of the system is fantastic. Customer service cant be any better if something goes wrong and having no drove is the best part. I didnt have it pre longtubes, but i'm sure it'll sound perfectly fine.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rem_shot_09
Corsa IMO is the best way to go. Quality of the system is fantastic. Customer service cant be any better if something goes wrong and having no drove is the best part. I didnt have it pre longtubes, but i'm sure it'll sound perfectly fine.
the system is going on tomorrow!! I'll make videos both with and without LT's.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:43 AM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<3 Corsa.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I have a friend that was on the dyno today with corsa (idk which specificly) and a VRX5 cam. I'll upload the video in a second. It's freakin loooud at WOT but pretty calm lower RPM's.

edit: http://s840.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=DSCF0395.mp4
Video doesn't do it justice. It makes your ears hurt from where I was standing.. (30 yards away)

Last edited by mesterious; 11-07-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:40 PM
TECH Veteran

I love the way my car sounds. I have corsa sport with a vrx5 and it sounds insane at wide open
Old 11-06-2010, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
I love the way my car sounds. I have corsa sport with a vrx5 and it sounds insane at wide open
I got Corsa Sport installed 2 days ago. Love it.. now if I can get some LT's with Highflows it'll sound even better. Then it'll be cam time

It's a daily driver, but I like the specs and sounds of the VRX5, especially on a 112. I bet your goat thumps pretty good at lights.

I'm just so happy that the system has zero drone at cruising speeds. I can do 70+ down the highway, and hold a conversation with my G/F like it were stock. GTO owners contemplating this exhaust should go for it!!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

I'm just so happy that the system has zero drone at cruising speeds. I can do 70+ down the highway, and hold a conversation with my G/F like it were stock.
I wouldnt say it really that much louder with the LT's.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GF7PE
I wouldnt say it really that much louder with the LT's.
Are you meaning the interior noise doesn't get much louder? Or the exterior exhaust noise itself? I've seen vids with LT's and Highflows/!Cats and the system really wakes up.
People are correct on it's more an exotic note when accelerating. It's got a nice burble at idle.
I wish Corsa would make an "Extreme" system for these goats. I like the Extreme system on the Corvettes.
Either way, I'm glad I chose Corsa over Spintech.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Teching In

the corsa sport is definetly loud but it doesnt give me a headache like my lm1 did aftrer the stall converter. alot of people say it has an exotic sound to it now though. before it just sound mean, the only way i can think to describe it now is that it has more trebel and less bass? but still sounds awesome.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

Are you meaning the interior noise doesn't get much louder? Or the exterior exhaust noise itself? I've seen vids with LT's and Highflows/!Cats and the system really wakes up.
People are correct on it's more an exotic note when accelerating. It's got a nice burble at idle.
I wish Corsa would make an "Extreme" system for these goats. I like the Extreme system on the Corvettes.
Either way, I'm glad I chose Corsa over Spintech.
interior noise doesnt get much louder. Exterior is WAY louder
Old 11-08-2010, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

that's what I like to hear!
V-8 Motor loudness is like a symphony to my ears.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:22 AM
TECH Veteran

I got Corsa Sport installed 2 days ago. Love it.. now if I can get some LT's with Highflows it'll sound even better. Then it'll be cam time

It's a daily driver, but I like the specs and sounds of the VRX5, especially on a 112. I bet your goat thumps pretty good at lights.

I'm just so happy that the system has zero drone at cruising speeds. I can do 70+ down the highway, and hold a conversation with my G/F like it were stock. GTO owners contemplating this exhaust should go for it!!
Yea it does lope pretty good at lights. I also love how quiet it is on the highway just cruising. I can talk on the phone unlike my camaro lol
Old 11-13-2010, 03:30 AM
11 Second Club

...used to have the Corsa Sport. I though it sounded too raspy/exotic.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Obnoxious....period.

Quick Reply: Corsa Sport opinions