Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

salvage tittle 06 GTO value

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default salvage tittle 06 GTO value

whats going on i was curious to see if anyone knows what an 06 gto with 8,000 miles and a salvage tittle would go for? reason i ask is a good friend of mine has a beautiful gto i want to purchase. it looks like new and smells like new, but he told me it has a salvage tittle because it had been stolen and they stole the radio out of it when the car was found a few months later. any ideas what it would book for? i attached a pic of the car
Attached Thumbnails salvage tittle 06 GTO value-goat.jpg  
Old 11-14-2010, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depends on what the title is ACTUALLY salvaged for.

If its something stupid like that....probably pretty close to the regular going rate. If thats really why it was salvaged.

If it was because of a wreck or something....I honestly wouldnt pay anything over 10k. You just never know what is really wrong with it.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he has the carfax and police reports and everything it was salvaged for being stolen. ? is what price do i go off of the car is in excellent condition but do i give the price for say fair condition being that it has a salvage tittle?
Old 11-14-2010, 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the most I would go is 17.

I mean, as long as there is NOTHING wrong with it, and thats why the title is salvaged then its pretty much a brand new car. But since it has a salvaged title....you get a good deal!
Old 11-15-2010, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My only concern would be for how the thieves drove the car. On their little binge they could have smoked the clutch, grinded gears or bumped curbs, you just never know how it was driven, especially since it was found a few months later. The other issue is if you plan on keeping the car, great, but if you want to sell it later it is difficult to sell a salvage title car and good luck trading it in. I think if you shop around and be patient you can find a low mileage gto for 17,000 to 18,000. I got mine a year and half ago with 7,300 miles for 17,500. Offer him twelve and see if he'll take it.

Quick Reply: salvage tittle 06 GTO value