Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Question about axlebacks vs catbacks & more......

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about axlebacks vs catbacks & more......

I have an 05 a4 goat and was thinking about getting the spintech axleback from marylandspeed.

Couple questions the default price they have is the aluminized steel or an upgrade to stainless steel for $279.00 wow big difference in price. So what are the differences in stainless steel and aluminized steel?

Also what will the difference be in just getting the mufflers axlebacks rather that the more parts/pipes of the catbacks?

Thanks
Old 11-27-2010, 08:24 AM
Launching!

Aluminized steel doesnt look as nice nor does it last as long. I guess you could kind of compare it to gold plated jewlery and real gold jewlery as far as quality goes. Stainless steel looks much nicer and will last a lot longer. I believe thats the biggest differences.

The diference in axle backs and cat backs is the axle back is just mufflers usually. The cat back comes with piping from the catalytic converters back. This usually included mandrel bent piping for better flow and better quality pipes.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ebk06
Aluminized steel doesnt look as nice nor does it last as long. I guess you could kind of compare it to gold plated jewlery and real gold jewlery as far as quality goes. Stainless steel looks much nicer and will last a lot longer. I believe thats the biggest differences.

The diference in axle backs and cat backs is the axle back is just mufflers usually. The cat back comes with piping from the catalytic converters back. This usually included mandrel bent piping for better flow and better lo quality pipes.
Go with the stainless option, you wont regret spending the extra cash on it. It will look nicer longer.

Quick Reply: Question about axlebacks vs catbacks & more......