Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

"War Wounds to the Goat" :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "War Wounds to the Goat" :(

Not really a good thread but I figure it gets it off my mind talking about it lol. This seems to be what happens when you hit a guard pole/rail pulling away from a gas pump and cut it too sharp. I was doing like 1MPH IF that and got it this bad. There's more damage when the door got pushed in it crinkled the door sill behind the aluminum plate, and when it went past the quarter it hit the tire (no damage to my wheel) and knocked the suspension/axle or something, back a good 3/4 inch. The damn pass. wheel is a LOT closer to the back of the wheel well now compared to the driver side. Going to the body shop Monday to drop him off to be looked at. Im just hoping they dont total it since Pontiacs not open and I know how expensive parts for the Goats are anyways.
Attached Thumbnails "War Wounds to the Goat" :(-2011-03-17-18.32.32.jpg   "War Wounds to the Goat" :(-2011-03-17-18.32.43.jpg  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Teching In

damn thats sad good luck with her.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Thanks man. Yeah it sucks, cause until Monday it justs sit in waiting to go to the body shop. Ive been looking at it more, they wont total it I think just the initial shock of what happened had me exaggerating. Im not saying it wont be expensive but thats why I pay for my insurance lol. Still sucks though. Just more initiative to work on it.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

definitely wont total it. i had a girl back into mine and it started right at the door handle and dented and scratched all the way back right above the back tire. quarter panels are not cheap to replace haha. but i didnt have to pay for it anyway . still pissed me off though.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

thats nasty but easily fixable.

my dad backed into my GTO yrs ago he felt worse than i did lol.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the good feedback guys, I appreciate it. Feels like my child was hurt lol. Ive been planning on throwing some parts at it too, but it looks like this deductible set me back a little. Im just glad it wasn't a real accident, or at the least it didnt hurt my new BFG's or my TSW wheels lol. Too bad I dont have a cooler story than "I hit a F*N gas pump pole!"

Last edited by GoatPilot87; 03-19-2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: mispelled word
Old 03-19-2011, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Pretty sure yours is not going to be totaled out.. here's what happened to me from about 5-6mph collision from a mexican lady in a van. She had the van in reverse in front of me at a red light bc she pulled too far out into the street and forgot to put it back in drive.. the light turned green and u know what happened from there.. estimate was 7 grand.. i was devastated at the time when it happened but the car turned out pretty good when it was all said and done. Don't get too down about it. It shouldn't even be noticeable once you get the car fixed up. Be careful next time at the pump.. we do enough damage to our wallets to be messin up the ride!!
Attached Thumbnails "War Wounds to the Goat" :(-0821001526.jpg   "War Wounds to the Goat" :(-0821001532.jpg   "War Wounds to the Goat" :(-0314011643.jpg  

Last edited by impulsegoat; 03-19-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Damn it wouldve been hard for me to restrain myself lol. Oh well thats what insurance is for right? Looks like you got a new hood and fascia out of the deal too? Ill re-post tomorrow night after I drop it off.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GoatPilot87
Damn it wouldve been hard for me to restrain myself lol. Oh well thats what insurance is for right? Looks like you got a new hood and fascia out of the deal too? Ill re-post tomorrow night after I drop it off.
Ya i wanted to whip someones *** to say the least but once a 4 foot older woman got out of the van and couldnt speak english i just threw my arms up and called the cops. I did get the hood and sap front piece out of the deal but am still paying them off. (I had to pay for most of them). Hopefully yours turns out good. Sometimes things like this can be a blessing in disguise.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Launching!

OoooOO no... I don't have that kind of patience someone does that to my baby...the red hair is going to take over.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 AM
On The Tree

I hope you have insurance it will cost you. Dont think they will total it. My car is going to body shop in one week :-( Cant wait to get it back.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Yup $500 deductible. Ill post a pic of what the loaner is.....geez I can't believe these little turds are legal to be sold. NHTSA where the **** were you guys at when this was released?
Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 PM

that sux. had this happen to the goat 2 weeks ago. slid on sand at about 2 to 3 mph but it may have been a blessing cause when i fixed it last week i also got rid of every ding and rock chip on the car. now i don't even want to pull it out of the garage (pictures are wrecked and fixed)
Attached Thumbnails "War Wounds to the Goat" :(-bummer1.jpg   "War Wounds to the Goat" :(-back.jpg  
Old 03-21-2011, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lottahorses
that sux. had this happen to the goat 2 weeks ago. slid on sand at about 2 to 3 mph but it may have been a blessing cause when i fixed it last week i also got rid of every ding and rock chip on the car. now i don't even want to pull it out of the garage (pictures are wrecked and fixed)
Looks much better.. especially w/o the bra.. very clean
Old 03-22-2011, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

Damn sand got u good didn't it? Lol. Looks great after she got fixed man. I haven't heard from the body shop yet but I only dropped him off yesterday around lunch. Hope to get good news today or tomorrow and hopefully it won't take forever, I have GOT to get outta this tin can of a rental car.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Just dont let it get to you man and get it fixed. My buddy had a nice car and did sort of the same thing. He was taking a corner after a stop at a stop sign and there was a rock that is very hard to see in low cars. The guy that owned the property put it there to protect his grass and he f'd his rocker panel after he just got other body work done and painted and ended up trading the car in.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Screw postin pics of the rental, its a damn Hyundai Accent lol. This turd runs 3k RPM at 70 mph. The Goat gets better MPG, I swear! Just got word from Geico, it was almost $5000.00 worth of damage! New door, new side skirt, new upper ctrl. arm (shipped from Michigan), and they didnt say what they were doing about the fender. I doubt its "repairable", without actually cutting it out and welding a replacment piece in. But oh well, gotta get him fixed. Live and learn right? Lol. Ill get some pics up of the car when theyre finished. I was told eight days so here we go...waiting.................waiting.............. .waiting........damn it isnt going fast enough!!!!!!!

Last edited by GoatPilot87; 03-23-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: mispelled word