Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Blinking check engine light???

Old 05-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinking check engine light???

So I searched and looked, but couldn't find anything solid.

Short story version, did a t-56 to th400 swap made sure everything was hooked up and car drives fine. Went this past Saturday to SGMP for the unleashed event. 1st run car wont rev past 6k, so go into the tune and turn off and disconnect the vss from the tranny thinking it may be a speed/rpm corelation. 2nd run car revs to 6800 no problems. Go to the 3rd and start up and notice the ses light is blinking, check the plugs and wires nothing sticking out, nothing obvious. Start again and ses is blinking, touch the throttle, and it goes away so I figure all is well.

Get to the box and warm up tires, ses starts to blink again in the stage.

Everytime I touch the gas it stops, all of my 02's are turned off, running a wideband and review my run, AFR is good, commanding 13.00 running solid 12.6-12.9.
Fuel and oil psi are good, nothing funky hapening with timing and the KR is solid 0 with the once in a blue moon spike for 1/10th of a second then normal 0.

I am at a stump right now, not getting any codes an dnot getting a sloid ses light.

Any ideas or suggestions, nothing sounds out of the ordinary????
Old 05-13-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

My understanding is a blinking SES light is indicative of a misfire. You might hook up an OBDII scanner and take a look.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

blinking ses light is bad , multiple cylinder misfire.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Teching In

Well found out what i beleive the issue is will find out today. It most likely needs to have a CKP relearn (CASE Learn), since I replaced the flywheel and clutch with a lighter flexplate and TQ converter it is now out of the parameters that is was at before. Resulting in this issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blinking check engine light???