Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Going to order soon some strut bearings, bushes for front end n need some help....

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to order soon some strut bearings, bushes for front end n need some help....

Ok I have a 56,000 mile stock a4 goat and I want to replace some front suspension components except for springs and struts for now since i dont have money for all that. Actually I will be borrowing credit card from my day.

Now lets see if I know what to get, so I need 2 strut bushings, 2 strut bearings, and I stop right here what other parts are good to get while im working on the front end? What about this note I found:

Note: The strut leg to steering knuckle bolts must be renewed as they
are ONE USE ONLY stretch bolts.

Now how many of these bolts I need for both sides of front suspension? Anyone have part # for these bolts and or where to get them from?

Now I would really like to to do this work myself, do I simply lift front end and let the wheels hang by support the front of car under the frame with jacks right? And I'll have to remove the whole strut assembly out of car and then rent a spring compressor tool to repalce the strut bearings and such right?

Pease if anyone have some steps to do or point me to a DIY location thanks
Old 05-16-2011, 06:59 AM
Teching In

I would contact Mike White from Pedders USA. He is, IMO, the expert when it comes to this. He's the direct rep for Pedders for the US side of the company, last I checked. You can also contact Wretched Motorsports and they will also hook you up with what you need.

Been about three yrs since I did my full pedders street 2 kit and cant really give specifics on everything, but I remember it not being too difficult.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

I would go with Lovells they are cheaper and in my opinion better than pedders. Andy is great guy he will give you advice what you need and how to install it. I have all Lovells and Kings suspension and love it
Old 05-16-2011, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Death{AW}
I would go with Lovells they are cheaper and in my opinion better than pedders. Andy is great guy he will give you advice what you need and how to install it. I have all Lovells and Kings suspension and love it
x2. I just put lovells on and they're much better than the stock crushed ones. No strut rub here
Old 05-16-2011, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

1st thing of business is where you live? If you live in the Northeast this coming weekend Rob from wretched motorsports is having a pedders day. Hell i'm driving all the way from NJ to MA to for this cause of the deals. Plus rob can help you out with what you need. You'll also have other GTO owners there with different setups, could most likely get them to take you for a ride to see what setup you like.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Strut top bushings and Radius Rod bushings are the most important for your front end.

In terms of springs I'm not a fan of pedders, I'm more of a king springs fan myself.

I'd honestly save up a little bit and get some BC racing coilovers, they're astounding for the price.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Kollar racing.... Get the whole front end bushing kit.... You wont regret it
Old 05-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Subscribing. In the same boat with 63k miles and strut rub and rear inner tire wear.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

I had Lovells but since I autoX my GTO I did get HHD Kings. But if you are looking for something as daily driver and you like comfort I would go with Lovells if you want stability great cornering little bit to harsh driving go with Kings/Konis combo. I have no experience with BC or KW sets.

Quick Reply: Going to order soon some strut bearings, bushes for front end n need some help....