Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Need help quick!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help quick!

so finally, after a headache of the hurst shifter breaking, i ordered the MGW-p shifter and it just got here. i just lowered the tranny by taking off the 4 16mm bolts on the brace, but it only went down an inch. the stock shifter plate was really difficult to take off but i did it with an l shaped allen key. anyways the mgw shifter is in place but the bolts towards the front of the car are sooooo hard to get on, any suggestions on how to get them on? i hand tightened them but i cannot get a ratchet or wrench in there without dropping the tranny more. from the top of the car, i cant even out my hand there because the handle of the shifter is in the way. hope this all makes sense, im just frustrated and rambling. want to get this done! the gto has been sitting for like 2 months now!
please help
Old 08-15-2011, 07:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get some hex head bolts and a ratchet wrench and it should be easier. The other option is to drill two holes to get at them from the top.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by svede1212
Get some hex head bolts and a ratchet wrench and it should be easier. The other option is to drill two holes to get at them from the top.
hex head bolts are the way to go will make install alot easier

Quick Reply: Need help quick!