Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Change oil light

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change oil light

Ive only had my gto for about 2 months and just recently the service oil light came on and says it every time i turn the car on. I changed the oil about 1K miles ago but never reset anything. Is there something that needs to be reset for this to go away or is there another problem?

Edit:Service engine oil, my oil pressure guage reads fine and everything pressure wise looks normal. I would stop the driving the car but the in car oil pressure seems perfectly fine. Any suggestions?

Edit2: Checked the oil level and its a little low, i looked under the car and there is no leaks or anything near the oil pan. Not sure what the cause of this is. Expert help needed. Its just below the hatch marks on the dip stick.

After doing some reading i tried the gas pedal method where you push it three times with the key in the on position and i cant get it to go off. I know the "Check oil" light is bad and thats not what i have. I know its because i didnt reset it when i changed the oil last time but i cant seem to get it to reset.

Finally got it reset, apparently wasnt letting the gas pedal up slowly enough. This forum is so dead i wont get a response anyways. Im sure this has been discussed before but at least now i know.

Last edited by BM6GTO; 09-22-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Go to ls1gto.com and join.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah - you just need to know the procedure to reset the service oil light. Also join us on GasTiresOil.com
Old 09-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Launching!

You have to reset it, read the owners manual. It's in there I believe.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

yea but owners manual is incorrect you have to press pedal 3 times not 2 as manual guide you:-D

Quick Reply: Change oil light