Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

irriation

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default irriation

I"m venting because i'm rather irriated...I posted on ls1gto.com about getting the vararam to fit on my 04 gto...thinking ppl would be like bad *** how did you do it....wrong... everyone bashed me saying I should have bought the svede...bc on the 04 the vararam doesnt suck from the hood...news flash it doesn't on 05s either...the scoops are low pressure zones which do not promote air flow...so inturn the vararam is just like the svede they both suck from the grills also i'm gonna be fabbing up ducts to direct the air to the vararam...and completely seal the hood from the intake...
Old 10-22-2011, 03:23 PM
12 Second Club

It changed over there over the years. I just go over to see if theres any good topics but besides that i just come here.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

lol those dudes are d-bags. i got bashed for misspelling 3 words on one of my threads. If you dont spend top dollar on the gto it cant be right according to that forum! lol, just brush it off man. It just isnt worth it.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i mean seriously are you gonna spend 500 on and intake for 150 on one you can get to do the same?
Old 10-23-2011, 09:07 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kornerz
lol those dudes are d-bags. i got bashed for misspelling 3 words on one of my threads. If you dont spend top dollar on the gto it cant be right according to that forum! lol, just brush it off man. It just isnt worth it.
Same guys that are here pretty much altho the traffic here is almost non-existent for GTO related topics. . . . and we haven't even commented on "irriation" . BTW both Firefox and Chrome have built-in spell check.
Originally Posted by massillongoat
i mean seriously are you gonna spend 500 on and intake for 150 on one you can get to do the same?
I think the VR is the second best intake and a viable option altho it's a mis-statement to say they do the same thing. You've also greatly exaggerated the price spread. It's $275 and $400. If you got a used one that's a bonus but that's like comparing a new and used car. A low price on a used part reflects low demand. Try buying a used FAST. I'm sure you'll enjoy your intake but seriously, nobody raved on your idea because it's not new and had been done several times before.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

And to the OP - you're always welcome at GasTiresOil.com
Old 10-23-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The vararam is garbage. I had it on my old gto. You had to buy stuff at Home Depot to try and get it to seal against the hood and it still wouldn't. It was a rushed product and they still haven't tried to make it better. Not to mention you have to hack up the radiator shroud to put it in or at the least remove it.

JUST MY OPINION
Old 10-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Im very happy with my K&N its cheap and easy to install (comes with all the hardware haha) and just looks real nice under the hood, lets face it you wont see huge performance gains out of any CAI... the factory box was designed to give you more air than you needed anyways..
Old 10-24-2011, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

I think the Vararam is a great looking intake, just limited on the amount of cold air coming in unless you do have scoops coming in from the top of the hood. I have seen guys build additional ducting in the front bumper scooping the air up which seemed to work pretty well for them. The only thing that bothers me about it, is that the MAF is too crowded towards the throttle body. I would lean more towards this intake design if I was using speed density, eliminating the MAF completely. What would be sick is if the radiator was lowered a few inches allowing the front grills to blow air into the filter. Regardless, I hope its working well for you man.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Launching!

ls1gto seems to be a way better forum as to GTO topics. A lot of good people on there...I would rethink your bitching before you need help from one of us.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by onesloGTO
ls1gto seems to be a way better forum as to GTO topics. A lot of good people on there...I would rethink your bitching before you need help from one of us.
no way man, most of the guys on that site need to get off their high horse and realize they drive pontiac gto's.....not ferrari gto's
Old 10-26-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

last time i checked i'm the one working on my car not you guys....which means i don't need your help....
Old 10-26-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the closer is the better to the tb i may be wrong but i've heard the closer the better throttle response I haven't really driving it yet...I'll let you know in a few days turner is supposed to come tune the car friday so we'll see
Old 10-26-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

regardless svede of the price difference i only paid 150 for my vararam new...i'm not bashing your design what's so ever...if its been done so many times before...then why did i have so many emails of ppl asking me how I got it to work?...for what I paid for it I can justfy spending the extra money for a few hp...its just not worth it in my book
Old 10-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd take the svede over all of them. I had a Speed Inc at first. Then cobbled that together with a Lingenfelter. It flowed extremely well as it only dropped a little at WOT. The svede looks better and flows even better. Now I don't loose anything at WOT. Very impressive.

From what I've read, it outflows the Vararam. Same car, same conditions, same day, etc. That also verifies that it flows extremely well if the car is picking up MPH at the track. Hard to quantify power on a dyno when you are measuring airflow, but the track and logging at speed will tell you.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Teching In

last time i checked i'm the one working on my car not you guys....which means i don't need your help....
You tell um!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Launching!

Awaiting a "My cars broke, please help" thread..........
Old 10-27-2011, 08:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

news flash it doesn't on 05s either...the scoops are low pressure zones which do not promote air flow
Tell that to the two cone shaped dirt marks on my Vararam filter exactly where the scoops are. The air might not be rammed through the scoops, but the filter definitely pulls air through them...especially at low speeds.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

agreed it is a very nice piece i'm not bashing it at all...if I would have found it for 150 i woulda bought it too...but I used to have a k and n so this is a huge step up for me...and there will be no thread my car is broke...i've built serveral motors ls based so I think i can figure anything out that i need to address
Old 10-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Quick Reply: irriation