Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Driveshaft Shop announces its Carbon Fiber Shaft with no clearance issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveshaft Shop announces its Carbon Fiber Shaft with no clearance issues

We have had this out for a while but I'm not sure all members read our Carbon fiber thread and what makes the DSS shaft so good, When we first started making our Carbon Fiber driveshaft the first few customers that received them complained about the larger 3-3/4 tube being used was real close if not hitting the floor of the car. Being we have made 4" aluminum shafts and know they will hit the floor with out the use of a BFH. We knew having a shaft with only 1/8 more clearance made from carbon fiber was a little too close for comfort. I have gotten to know Engineers from 2 different Carbon fiber tube company's when we were doing our research on the shafts and called both back with the problem. The answer was to make a High Modulus tube in a smaller diameter, the only problem was it was a bit more expensive. Being we like to make things correct and better when ever possible we went ahead and made it, we could have gone with the 3-1/2 tube but we all know the seat belt bolt comes close so i asked just how small could it be made and still handle 1000lbs of torque. (still have to grind the bolt,sorry)

well 3-1/4 was the magic number so we went ahead and had this special high modulus tube made. So now you know all DSS Carbon shafts are specifically made to this exacting standard and there will be no BFH needed like our 1st few. So if your thinking about purchasing a Carbon fiber shaft you have the info stated here to make a concise and educated decision. Our carbon shafts have a new bond design and we have also just installed a new curing oven to ensure the best bond in the industry. (click here for bond info )

So there you have it, smaller diameter and just as strong. It even comes with a Strange billet trans yoke (can be done for any trans) along with our exclusive 4340 Billet rear flange mount to further ensure balance repeatability. (click here for link to site) all this for 1199.99 and with the Forum discount its ever lower (pm for pricing)

This like all GTO shafts are balanced on the highest spinning balance machine to date (click here for more on this)

take a look at the new curing oven. its programed to make sure the heat/curing process is precise

Old 11-19-2011, 09:33 PM
8 Second Club

Nice Shaft....
Old 11-19-2011, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

That is a badass.drive shaft!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Launching!

years and not one issue.......
Old 03-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Launching!

upgraded trans yoke,.,,,,,

Old 03-17-2014, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by my first GTO
Nice Shaft....
thats what she said.

but seriously im a fan of you guys. i have your half shafts on my GTO and they seem pretty trouble free so far.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft Shop announces its Carbon Fiber Shaft with no clearance issues