Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Why does everyone upgrade bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why does everyone upgrade bushings?

The reason why i ask is that i've been having a problem with my car in corners..everytime i take a sharp corner,the car wants to walk and not turn as i turn the steering wheel. The car will finally turn after im in the opposite lane. Is it the bushings causing this???Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-13-2011, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

the front radius rod and upper strut mounts are the weak points. Check your front inner fender liner for tire rub and check the inside edge of the tire for strut rub.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

They upgrade bushings because the stock ones crack and fail early and often, leaving the car a complete mess. What you're describing is very much have to do with worn bushings and other suspension parts.

Maine ones to do are front radius rod bushings and strut mounts, those usually fail real quick.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redtan
They upgrade bushings because the stock ones crack and fail early and often, leaving the car a complete mess. What you're describing is very much have to do with worn bushings and other suspension parts.

Maine ones to do are front radius rod bushings and strut mounts, those usually fail real quick.
I'll second that...and when I had all that **** torn apart, I just went ahead and did the control arm bushings as well.

My struts were shot, radius rod bushings were shot, both strut mounts were shot, and one strut bearing was completely gone (the cause of the rebuild).
Old 11-14-2011, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd check the ball joints and other parts up in front too.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do some front struts, RR bushings, strut mounts, tie rods, and front sway bar bushings and you will be amazed. If on a budget, do the outer tie rods, RR bushings, and strut mounts. The springs and struts up front really help too

Quick Reply: Why does everyone upgrade bushings?