Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Need STS turbo installation instructions

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need STS turbo installation instructions

Long story short I have been waiting on a used maggie for my cts-v for a while and none have come available. I have a friends sts turbo kit off his 06' gto that he gave me for a favor before he parted with the car and the insurance took it. I am considering modifying this kit for my car. Does anyone here have installation instructions for this kit??? I am also worried because I will have to modify the stupid exhaust in my car to fit the system in yours, where the headers go into a single exhaust pipe "the little y you guys have after the cats" while ours stay dullies the whole way back. If you have two pipes come out of your engine why force them into one when its not necessary and loses power unless that one pipe is like 5" inch diameter??? besides the point. This is the kit I got. Everything besides the bs clamps and some hose.

http://ststurbo.com/gto_6_0l_install_pics
Old 02-13-2012, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

By your post, you sound like you have no idea how a turbo works. You made a huge mistake if you paid any money for the kit. Not only will it not fit your car, but you're going to spend even more getting all the right parts again.

Sell the kit, and keep your car stock until you understand the concept of how a turbo works, in this case a rear mount turbo. I'm not trying to be a dick, you will be thanking me later.

Last edited by 05TurboCGM; 02-13-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 05TurboCGM
By your post, you sound like you have no idea how a turbo works. You made a huge mistake if you paid any money for the kit. Not only will it not fit your car, but you're going to spend even more getting all the right parts again.

Sell the kit, and keep your car stock until you understand the concept of how a turbo works, in this case a rear mount turbo. I'm not trying to be a dick, you will be thanking me later.
SOUNDS LIKE HE GOT THE KIT FOR A FAVOR OF SOME SORT SO MORE THAN LIKELY HE IT WASNT A COSTLY FAVOR. BUT YEAH YOU WOULD BE WASTING YOUR TIME WITH THAT KIT CAUSE YOU WOULD HAVE TO MODIFY ALOT OF THAT KIT. HERE ARE THE INSTALLATION PICS FOR YOUR CAR BELOW

http://ststurbo.com/cts_v_installation_pics

IM PRETTY SURE IF YOU CALL RICK FROM STS HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO HOOK YOU UP ON SOME OF THE PARTS YOU WOULD NEED BUT MORE THAN LIKELY HE WILL SAY THE SAME JUST SELL THAT KIT.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DMONICGTO
SOUNDS LIKE HE GOT THE KIT FOR A FAVOR OF SOME SORT SO MORE THAN LIKELY HE IT WASNT A COSTLY FAVOR. BUT YEAH YOU WOULD BE WASTING YOUR TIME WITH THAT KIT CAUSE YOU WOULD HAVE TO MODIFY ALOT OF THAT KIT. HERE ARE THE INSTALLATION PICS FOR YOUR CAR BELOW

http://ststurbo.com/cts_v_installation_pics

IM PRETTY SURE IF YOU CALL RICK FROM STS HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO HOOK YOU UP ON SOME OF THE PARTS YOU WOULD NEED BUT MORE THAN LIKELY HE WILL SAY THE SAME JUST SELL THAT KIT.
Yep, that's why I said if. He doesn't get how a rear mount works and why you need to merge the pipes together. When I read that, I was concerned that he was wasting his time, money, and potentially his car on a poor decision.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 05turbocgm
yep, that's why i said if. He doesn't get how a rear mount works and why you need to merge the pipes together. When i read that, i was concerned that he was wasting his time, money, and potentially his car on a poor decision.
yep 10-4 on that

Quick Reply: Need STS turbo installation instructions